Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » [SOLVED] How to build this type of diagram?
[SOLVED] How to build this type of diagram? [message #756487] Mon, 14 November 2011 00:00 Go to next message
Hoang  is currently offline Hoang Friend
Hi all,

I would like to build a diagram that is similar to the one in this screenshot. That is: it has a big container for the subject and inside there are many items with connections between them.

How to do that? Is it true that they used compartments with several complex configurations? Where can I find further guides about compartments? In the Mindmap tutorial, I can find Topics which contain Threads, and Threads which contains Items. But how to create connections between them if any? In summary, I would like to create something that is very close to the one in the screenshot. Please anyone guide me on how to accomplish it?

index.php/fa/6113/0/

[Updated on: Sun, 20 November 2011 14:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to build this type of diagram? [message #756918 is a reply to message #756487] Tue, 15 November 2011 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aurélien Pupier is currently offline Aurélien PupierFriend

Hi,

I'm part of the BonitaSoft Studio Dev team.

You can browse source code here: http://www.bonitasoft.org/websvn/listing.php?repname=Bonita+Open+Solution&path=%2Fbonita-studio%2Ftags%2Fbonita-studio-5.6%2F#path_bonita-studio_tags_bonita-studio-5.6_

Yes, we are using Compartments.
To create connections you just have to use a Link mapping in gmfmap.

Happy that you take us as sample.

Hope I give you good pointers.

Regards,

Aurélien Pupier - Red Hat
Senior Software Engineer in Fuse Tooling team
Re: How to build this type of diagram? [message #757099 is a reply to message #756918] Wed, 16 November 2011 13:57 Go to previous message
Hoang  is currently offline Hoang Friend
Hi Aurelien,

Thanks for providing the link to the source code. It's useful for me.

Btw, I found this tutorial which is very easy to follow in case someone is trying to looking for the same solution: http://gmfsamples.tuxfamily.org/wiki/doku.php?id=gmf_tutorial7

Based on this tutorial, I have created the one for myself. In case someone is looking for the same solution, here is the link to download the source code with sample diagram: https://github.com/pnhoang/Selflet

Hoang

[Updated on: Sun, 20 November 2011 13:28]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:PopUp window appears before the GMF Editor comes up
Next Topic:Where mapping definition elements explaint?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:35:37 GMT 2024