Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EGL Development Tools » Explaining generation - Its different than RBD
Explaining generation - Its different than RBD [message #755809] Wed, 09 November 2011 16:20 Go to next message
Aaron Allsbrook is currently offline Aaron AllsbrookFriend
I've grown very use to doing ctrl+g for doing my generate. Now I'm finding I need to right click on things and choose

Generate EGL Test Driver ->Javascript

Is this something that's still being worked through and will change? Should I still be forcing a generate? I have sorta back my way through this workspace as I have brought lots of code over from RBD. Perhaps my project is quirky?
Re: Explaining generation - Its different than RBD [message #755816 is a reply to message #755809] Wed, 09 November 2011 16:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will Smythe is currently offline Will SmytheFriend
Aaron - generation happens automatically in EDT (so, there is no Generate action). You can force a regeneration via Clean. (thanks Justin for verifying this)

How did you import your RBD code into EDT? At least for now, you need to create new projects in EDT and then copy code from your RBD projects (you can't import RBD projects directly, without some manual tweaking, which I don't believe we have documented).

Re: Explaining generation - Its different than RBD [message #755847 is a reply to message #755816] Wed, 09 November 2011 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aaron Allsbrook is currently offline Aaron AllsbrookFriend
yes, my initial migration strategy was to simply import the RBD 8 project archives. I then started to hack the .project file natures and such which never really seemed to stabilized. Kept getting error messages saying EDT was failing

So then I just created a new project and copied the source into it. Of course that lead to one or two things documented here Language_conversion
Re: Explaining generation - Its different than RBD [message #755857 is a reply to message #755847] Wed, 09 November 2011 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will Smythe is currently offline Will SmytheFriend
Aaron - feel free to add additional differences that you find to the Language Conversion wiki page.
Re: Explaining generation - Its different than RBD [message #755860 is a reply to message #755857] Wed, 09 November 2011 20:39 Go to previous message
Jing Qian is currently offline Jing QianFriend
Aaron

The Generate EGL Test Driver menu is used for generating EUnit((EGL Unit test, similar to JUnit) testing driver.
I should have a wiki page about EUnit in the next couple of weeks.

- Jing
Previous Topic:how to do @Overrides in EDT
Next Topic:Changes to the update site
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:37:10 GMT 2024