Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EGL Development Tools » how to do @Overrides in EDT
how to do @Overrides in EDT [message #755553] Tue, 08 November 2011 19:21 Go to next message
Aaron Allsbrook is currently offline Aaron AllsbrookFriend
In RBD I have a number of widgets that have field called
children widget[];

I could then create a function like
function getChildren() returns (widget [ ]) {@Override {}}
return (things);
end

This @Override allowed for my function to get called rather than the widget children getters and setters.

Override is no longer valid in EDT but EDT does not automatically start using my getChildren or setChildren.

How would I do this now where my widget has children and my getChildren and setChildren is used rather than the widget default?
Re: how to do @Overrides in EDT [message #755564 is a reply to message #755553] Tue, 08 November 2011 19:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just to follow-up on why i want to use/overrired children - I want my widget to be usable from the palette such that you can drop it from the palette but also drop into the widget. When you drop into a widget it automatically uses the children attribute to capture the parenting.
Re: how to do @Overrides in EDT [message #755577 is a reply to message #755564] Tue, 08 November 2011 20:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian Svihovec is currently offline Brian SvihovecFriend
Aaron,

I believe the Box widget (Box.egl) is an example of another widget that used to specify @Override for the getChildren() function. The @Override annotation is no longer required in EDT due to the fact that the RUIWidget stereotype now specifies a defaultSuperType of Widget. The overrides in EDT should be automatic.

Can you provide a small example that highlights the problem you are having? Can you step through a test case using Box and your widget to see why Box's getChildren function is being invoked and yours is not?

-Brian
Re: how to do @Overrides in EDT [message #755806 is a reply to message #755577] Wed, 09 November 2011 16:16 Go to previous message
Thanks Brian,

Ill give it a try and let you know
Previous Topic:Unable to compile EGL code
Next Topic:Explaining generation - Its different than RBD
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:47:48 GMT 2024