Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » a few questions about the new gogo shell and the old
a few questions about the new gogo shell and the old [message #755341] Tue, 08 November 2011 08:28 Go to next message
thomas menzel is currently offline thomas menzelFriend
hi,

i ran across the new impl. of the shell (http://www.eclipse.org/equinox/incubator/console/user-doc.php) and i like what i read, though havent tested it yet.

are there any plans to make this part of the release train/make it the default shell?
are there any means to have ssh for the current built-in console?
can one restrict the access to the telnet session to local host as is possible there?

thx

thomas menzel aka tom
Re: a few questions about the new gogo shell and the old [message #755429 is a reply to message #755341] Tue, 08 November 2011 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Watson is currently offline Thomas WatsonFriend
- As of Juno M3 the gogo based console as been included as the default shell for the Eclipse SDK and Equinox SDK.

- There are no plans to make enhancements to the built-in framework console. All future enhancements will be made to the gogo based console (including ssh support).

- Both the built-in framework console and the gogo based console can be restricted to the localhost by specifying -console localhost:<port>

Please give it a try. If you find any issues/bugs please report against "components" at https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Equinox

HTH

Tom
Re: a few questions about the new gogo shell and the old [message #755655 is a reply to message #755429] Wed, 09 November 2011 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thomas menzel is currently offline thomas menzelFriend
> Both the built-in framework console and the gogo based console can be restricted to the localhost by specifying -console localhost:<port>

i guess this is regarding the juno version, as it doesnt work (for me) in helios, right?

thomas menzel aka tom
Re: a few questions about the new gogo shell and the old [message #755750 is a reply to message #755655] Wed, 09 November 2011 13:29 Go to previous message
Thomas Watson is currently offline Thomas WatsonFriend
In Helios the built-in framework console is enabled by default and there is no way to disable it. This makes it difficult to run an external console. In Indigo we added an option osgi.console.enable.builtin which can be set to false. If you set this property then you should be able to install the gogo bundles and the equinox external console bundles and run them on top of Indigo.

For Juno we have more tight integration so that the framework will detect the external console and automatically activate it if a console has been requested (e.g. by using the -console option).

Tom.
Previous Topic:[cm] ManagedServiceFactory.update(...) called multiple times with same configuration
Next Topic:Can the p2 garbage collector turned off
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:12:42 GMT 2024