Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » snaps v.3.0.1 and resource servlet
snaps v.3.0.1 and resource servlet [message #754968] Sun, 06 November 2011 05:54 Go to next message
Jan Fetyko is currently offline Jan FetykoFriend
Hello,

I'm using the snaps and virgo 3.0.1 and wondering why is there this servlet being loaded by default in the default-web.xml:

<servlet>
  <servlet-name>__resource-servlet</servlet-name>
  <servlet-class>org.eclipse.virgo.snaps.core.internal.webapp.StaticResourceServlet</servlet-class>
</servlet>

Actually, I'm not getting completely does that file even exist? Shouldn't be this something users configure in their wars ?

The above resource servlet is causing me trouble because I have my own handling and I have to disable it by commenting it out in the snap jar, which is an ugly hack.

Thanks.

Jan
Re: snaps v.3.0.1 and resource servlet [message #755026 is a reply to message #754968] Mon, 07 November 2011 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dmitry Sklyut is currently offline Dmitry SklyutFriend
You should be able to disable it by setting up a servlet with the same servlet name in your web.xml. If that does not work please submit a bugzilla issue.
Also, what kind of trouble does resource servlet causing you?

Regards
Dmitry
Re: snaps v.3.0.1 and resource servlet [message #755031 is a reply to message #755026] Mon, 07 November 2011 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jan Fetyko is currently offline Jan FetykoFriend
Dmitry,

I'll try your suggestion.

The trouble is that I use tiles and there is a servlet that handles the jsp(s), and if I don't disable this servlet, it takes over and my tiles servlet is not executed.

Jan
Re: snaps v.3.0.1 and resource servlet [message #755143 is a reply to message #755031] Mon, 07 November 2011 14:00 Go to previous message
Dmitry Sklyut is currently offline Dmitry SklyutFriend
Hi Jan,

Can you please explain how jsp servlet or resource servlet gets in the way of Tiles? I have not used tiles since Struts days and have not kept up to date with it. As far as I remember - tiles only wanted an "initialization" servlet that does not map to anything. You would still need a "jsp" servlet to render the pages.

We are currently doing "stuff" to snaps - so cases like that would help to test the changes or help us adjust approach. A simple use case snap bundle would help a great deal also.

Thanks
Dmitry
Previous Topic:conflicting values of bundle-symbolic-name
Next Topic:bundle full path file name
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:41:39 GMT 2024