Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » InputParameters in DataCube Datasets
InputParameters in DataCube Datasets [message #754787] Fri, 04 November 2011 11:01 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi,

I know it is possible to user query parameters in datasets and set them to a specific value, when
using that dataset in a report items. This improved performance quite a bit for us, since the filtering
of data can be done in SQL instead of BIRT.

Now we were wondering, how can u use Dataset with Parameters in a Data Cube, to be used in a crosstab ?
We couldn't find anywhere in the report designer to specify how to fill a dataset parameter. Probably, I would
expect to be able to add parameters to a datacube, which can be passed to the dataset the cube uses.

If there is no way to archive this with the report designer, any ideas how to do this with scripting? I could
imagine changing the default parameter value of the datase or sth. like that.

Dennis
Re: InputParameters in DataCube Datasets [message #754864 is a reply to message #754787] Fri, 04 November 2011 16:54 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

I'm pretty sure that you have to use filters when limiting a dataCube, but I could be wrong. I've tried in the past with no success. You can always file an enhancement request to be able to do this.

Regards,

Michael
http://www.birt-exchange.org

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:Align chart to center of report.
Next Topic:Adding dynamic columns to an OdaDataSet
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 20:29:54 GMT 2024