Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Missing copyright info in RCP Application(I get a "No copyright information has been provided" in my installed software properties)
icon9.gif  Missing copyright info in RCP Application [message #754709] Thu, 03 November 2011 22:55 Go to next message
Roshan S. is currently offline Roshan S.Friend
I created an RCP application, and added all of my branding, but I do not get my copyright information in one specific section of the tool.

When I launch my tool I go to Help->About RCP App and in the dialog click on Installation Details. Then I go to the Installed Software tab and select my software and click on properties on the bottom. It shows me "No copyright information has been provided" for the copyright, but shows the correct information for General Information and License Agreement. I know that my License Agreement information comes from my .product file, but there is no section to add copyright information. Where do I put it?

If I look at the about dialog itself it correctly shows my about.ini information as well as my license and about image. All of my feature.xml have copyright information and they show-up correctly? I would have though that the installed software uses the same.

I am using Eclipse 3.6.2

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Missing copyright info in RCP Application [message #1038590 is a reply to message #754709] Thu, 11 April 2013 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Margs E. is currently offline Margs E.Friend
Hi,

I have the exact similar problem here;

looking on the same tabs, to 'About product > Installation details', The "PRODUCT ROOT FILES APPLICATION" (Not the product itself) doesn't have copyright information, though I am sure that my product has all the about.html, icon and all .properties file indicated in its bin.includes.

I initially think that the feature.xml of my product supplies the copyright information for both my Product and root.
I tries adding root=<source if properties file for root> in RCP's build.properties but it didn't solve it.

Or do I have to separately create feature properties for my root? How will I exactly do that if that could be the probable solution?
Confused
I would greatly appreciate responses. Thanks! Smile[/color]
Re: Missing copyright info in RCP Application [message #1829010 is a reply to message #1038590] Tue, 23 June 2020 21:45 Go to previous message
Nathan Tippy is currently offline Nathan TippyFriend
This may help: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7055728/adding-license-agreement-to-an-eclipse-plugin
Previous Topic:Code signature error: could not load SWT library in macOS Catalina
Next Topic:Can ~/.p2 be shared between Linux and Windows on the same computer?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:40:37 GMT 2024