Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » Resolving cquery results in "Resetting target platform Buckminster Default TP"
Resolving cquery results in "Resetting target platform Buckminster Default TP" [message #754647] Thu, 03 November 2011 18:10 Go to next message
Scott Hendrickson is currently offline Scott HendricksonFriend
I run buckminster as three separate steps:

1) buckminster importtargetdefinition -A http://www.archstudio.org/svn/main/5/branches/buckminster/org.archstudio.releng/test/eclipse-3.7.target
2) buckminster resolve http://www.archstudio.org/svn/main/5/branches/buckminster/org.archstudio.releng/test/component.cquery
3) buckminster perform "org.archstudio.dblgen.headless.p2#site.p2"

The output of the resolve command includes the text "Resetting target platform Buckminster Default TP", and the subsequent perform command fails with a "No component named org.eclipse.emf:eclipse.feature is known to Buckminster". However, I know that the emf feature is included in the target platform.

It seems that the target platform that I resolved in the first, importtargetdefinition step is forgotten in the second, resolve step.

Any ideas of how to fix that?

Thank you,
-- Scott
Re: Resolving cquery results in "Resetting target platform Buckminster Default TP" [message #754978 is a reply to message #754647] Sun, 06 November 2011 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin Klatt is currently offline Benjamin KlattFriend
Hi Scott,

how did you specify your target? I had a similar problem when creating a target file in the eclipse IDE. I used the type installation what resulted in a
<location path="..." type="Profile"/> specification in the target file. When I changed this to type="Directory" it worked fine.

Cheers
Benjamin
Re: Resolving cquery results in &quot;Resetting target platform Buckminster Default TP&quot; [message #776534 is a reply to message #754647] Sun, 08 January 2012 17:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scott Hendrickson is currently offline Scott HendricksonFriend
bump. I've tried to simplify the example, but haven't been successful in
doing so.
-- Scott

On 11/3/2011 11:10 AM, Scott Hendrickson wrote:
> I run buckminster as three separate steps:
>
> 1) buckminster importtargetdefinition -A
> http://www.archstudio.org/svn/main/5/branches/buckminster/org.archstudio.releng/test/eclipse-3.7.target
>
> 2) buckminster resolve
> http://www.archstudio.org/svn/main/5/branches/buckminster/org.archstudio.releng/test/component.cquery
>
> 3) buckminster perform "org.archstudio.dblgen.headless.p2#site.p2"
>
> The output of the resolve command includes the text "Resetting target
> platform Buckminster Default TP", and the subsequent perform command
> fails with a "No component named org.eclipse.emf:eclipse.feature is
> known to Buckminster". However, I know that the emf feature is included
> in the target platform.
>
> It seems that the target platform that I resolved in the first,
> importtargetdefinition step is forgotten in the second, resolve step.
>
> Any ideas of how to fix that?
>
> Thank you,
> -- Scott
Re: Resolving cquery results in &quot;Resetting target platform Buckminster Default TP&quot; [message #1689315 is a reply to message #776534] Mon, 23 March 2015 09:38 Go to previous message
Christian Stier is currently offline Christian StierFriend
Hi Scott,

Did you (or anyone else) find a fix for this? I am encountering the exact same problem.
My Buckminster job calls

importtargetdefinition -A cantPostTheLinkYet
import cantPostTheLink
perform -D target.os=* -D target.ws=* -D target.arch=* eu.cactosfp7.cactoscale.cdomodelgenerator.feature#site.p2
perform -D target.os=win32 -D target.ws=win32 -D target.arch=x86_64 eu.cactosfp7.cactoscale.cdomodelgenerator.feature#create.product.zip

Thank you,
Christian
Previous Topic:resolving cquery is very slow
Next Topic:materialize: p2 artifacts downloaded multiple times
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 11:53:54 GMT 2024