Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Windows 7 Version: Helios Service Release 2 Troubleshooting(Eclipse has stopped compiling my code)
Windows 7 Version: Helios Service Release 2 Troubleshooting [message #754637] Thu, 03 November 2011 17:09 Go to next message
Kris Mising name is currently offline Kris Mising nameFriend
Hi Everyone,

I have an issue with Helios Service Release 2. For some reason when I run my code it no longer compiles the Java files to the bin folder. I first noticed something was wrong when I tried to change my code and the changes did not register. I checked the source folder, and they were saving fine to the workspace. I then checked the bin folder and these were not being updated. I tried the usual stuff, refreshing the project, cleaning, insuring "build automatically" is ticked, restarting eclipse, restarting my computer, but to no avail.

What could be causing this?

All help much appreciated!

Thanks,

Kris.
Re: Windows 7 Version: Helios Service Release 2 Troubleshooting [message #754781 is a reply to message #754637] Fri, 04 November 2011 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dani Megert is currently offline Dani MegertFriend
On 03.11.2011 18:09, Kris wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I have an issue with Helios Service Release 2. For some reason when I
> run my code it no longer compiles the Java files to the bin folder. I
> first noticed something was wrong when I tried to change my code and
> the changes did not register. I checked the source folder, and they
> were saving fine to the workspace. I then checked the bin folder and
> these were not being updated. I tried the usual stuff, refreshing the
> project, cleaning, insuring "build automatically" is ticked,
> restarting eclipse, restarting my computer, but to no avail.
>
> What could be causing this?
Verify that it is indeed a Java project and verify that the Java build
path of that project is correct.

Dani
>
> All help much appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kris.
Re: Windows 7 Version: Helios Service Release 2 Troubleshooting [message #754785 is a reply to message #754781] Fri, 04 November 2011 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Dani,

Thanks for a reply. The project is a Java project. The Java build path is also correct. It is a project I have been working on for a couple of years actually. This particular fault has turned up before and I have been unable to fix it (having to reinstall eclipse to fix). It seems to happen in conjunction with a failed install of ArchiCAD, although this link could be coincidental. The fault is very odd. It really has me stumped. There is nothing in the log file to indicate what could be causing it. My other Java project works fine. I can create another Java project, and it also works fine.

For some inexplicable reason this particular project has simple stopped compiling to the bin folders, which are no completely empty. At first it was running a version which had been compiled when it was working correctly. I removed the .class file with the main class to see if this would break it and it does, not re-creating that file when I run...now all the class files have been deleted by ecplise (probably during start up).

Thanks,

Kris.
Re: Windows 7 Version: Helios Service Release 2 Troubleshooting [message #754791 is a reply to message #754785] Fri, 04 November 2011 11:29 Go to previous message
Hey All,

I managed to fix it, although I don't know why it happened. It was to do with subclipse. For some reason I had to break the connection with subclipse (this alone didn't fix it as the problem persisted) and then create a new shared project on my SVN. This seems to have fixed it. If this is not a known bug, perhaps it should be flagged as one, because it is mighty odd!

Kris.
Previous Topic:Howto restore the default layout
Next Topic:Tycho dependency trouble
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:20:27 GMT 2024