Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Properties View without IAdaptable(How can I create a properties view for input elements that are not IAdaptable or IPropertySource ?)
Properties View without IAdaptable [message #754568] Thu, 03 November 2011 10:28 Go to next message
readingflyer is currently offline readingflyerFriend
Hallo,

I tried to create a properties view for a graph model. The problem is that the graph elements that are provided by the selection don't implement IAdaptable (or IPropertySource). Because of that, I don't see a way to use TabbedPropertiesView or something like that to get the properties view.

It seems that I have to implement my own IPropertySheetPage. I tried to search for examples but the only implementations I've found are PropertySheetPage and TabbedPropertySheetPage which are very complex - of course, they are very generic too.

Does anybody know how to realize a properties view for a model without the IAdaptable interface? Are there any other examples of IPropertySheetPages?

Thank you!
Kristina
Re: Properties View without IAdaptable [message #757350 is a reply to message #754568] Thu, 17 November 2011 20:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark Walters is currently offline Mark WaltersFriend
Hi,
can't you subclass the graph model elements to provide the methods you need?

Ta,
Mark.
Re: Properties View without IAdaptable [message #897146 is a reply to message #757350] Sun, 22 July 2012 14:42 Go to previous message
jim liu is currently offline jim liuFriend
You should implement a selection provider

java eclipse Search
http://javafind.appspot.com/
Previous Topic:Adding combo box on toolbar of eclipse
Next Topic:plugin developed using C++
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 06:22:44 GMT 2024