Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Gradle : Bundlor plugin in Groovy (Gradle : Bundlor plugin in Groovy)
Gradle : Bundlor plugin in Groovy [message #754540] Thu, 03 November 2011 07:02 Go to next message
Pranav Kumar Varshney is currently offline Pranav Kumar VarshneyFriend
Hi,

I am using Gradle and hence want to write a Bundlor plugin in Groovy. This plugin can then be used by any team in my organization. Where can I get it?

Regards,
Pranav
Re: Gradle : Bundlor plugin in Groovy [message #754580 is a reply to message #754540] Thu, 03 November 2011 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Frost is currently offline Chris FrostFriend

Hi,

There is no Gradle plugin in at this point for Bundlor but it would be great to have it as a part of the Bundlor project and I'm interested in Gradle so would happily help you write it.

You can find Bundlor on our Milestone download page [http://www.eclipse.org/virgo/download/milestones.php] and the source code is in the GIT repo shown here. http://wiki.eclipse.org/Virgo/Source

What do you think?

Chris.

------------------------------------------------
Chris Frost, Twitter @cgfrost
Springsource, a divison of VMware.
Re: Gradle : Bundlor plugin in Groovy [message #754611 is a reply to message #754580] Thu, 03 November 2011 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sure Chris. I will go through the source. In the mean time, can you please give me some hits, how to start it. I am also evaluating if it is possible to call Ant task from Groovy.

Regards,
Pranav
Re: Gradle : Bundlor plugin in Groovy [message #755487 is a reply to message #754611] Tue, 08 November 2011 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi,

So the Gradle plugin should extend the Java plugin that comes with Gradle and just overwrite the Manifest step. The main entry point in to Bundlor is the ManifestGenerator Class. I'd have a look at the 'org.eclipse.virgo.bundlor.ant.internal.AntBundlorExecutor' Class in the Ant plugin and see how it does things. You should just be able to copy code really, depends exactly what the Gradle SPI looks like.

Chris.

Re: Gradle : Bundlor plugin in Groovy [message #756891 is a reply to message #755487] Tue, 15 November 2011 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Chris,

I have written Gradle plugin for Bundlor using Ant task and it is working fine.

I am not able to find the repository (may be Maven or SpringSource) hosting com.springsource.bundlor.ant, com.springsource.bundlor and com.springsource.bundlor.blint. Please let me know the repository URL, group id and version for these artifacts.

Currently to test my plugin, I have downloaded all the above modules and their dependencies and placed them in my internal binary repository used by my build file.

Regards,
Pranav
Re: Gradle : Bundlor plugin in Groovy [message #756897 is a reply to message #756891] Tue, 15 November 2011 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi,

When we moved to Eclispe, we moved the active repos as well. Have a look here.

http://build.eclipse.org/rt/virgo/maven/bundles/milestone/org/eclipse/virgo/bundlor/

Chris.

Re: Gradle : Bundlor plugin in Groovy [message #757022 is a reply to message #756897] Wed, 16 November 2011 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Few of the dependencies for org.eclipse.virgo.bundlor.blint-1.1.0.M01 are still pointing to 3.0.0.M05 and those are giving me error (module not found) now

org.eclipse.virgo.util#org.eclipse.virgo.util.osgi;3.0.0.M05
org.eclipse.virgo.util#org.eclipse.virgo.util.parser.manifest;3.0.0.M05
org.eclipse.virgo.util#org.eclipse.virgo.util.common;3.0.0.M05
org.eclipse.virgo.util#org.eclipse.virgo.util.math;3.0.0.M05

Where do I get these modules? Or I would suggest changing versions to 3.0.1.RELEASE in POM

Regards,
Pranav
Re: Gradle : Bundlor plugin in Groovy [message #757025 is a reply to message #757022] Wed, 16 November 2011 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi,

The latest Bundlor is pointing at 3.0.1.RELEASE but we need to ship another milestone of Bundlor to get that out. I recommend building against the very latest of Bundlor in the GIT repo and then you will find all your dependencies are present in the Maven repo. Let me know if you need it to be published in maven and I'll do another milestone for you.

Chris.

Re: Gradle : Bundlor plugin in Groovy [message #757035 is a reply to message #757025] Wed, 16 November 2011 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Chris,

It would be great if you publish the latest version to Maven repo.

Regards,
Pranav
Re: Gradle : Bundlor plugin in Groovy [message #757443 is a reply to message #757035] Fri, 18 November 2011 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi,

I've done a release of Bundlor milestone 1.1.0.M02. You can find links to the download and release notes here. http://www.eclipse.org/virgo/download/milestones.php

This milestone is also published in Maven along with all it's dependencies.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Chris.

Re: Gradle : Bundlor plugin in Groovy [message #781094 is a reply to message #757443] Fri, 20 January 2012 14:12 Go to previous message

Hi,

How did you get on with this, it would be great if you would be willing to donate your plugin so others can use it?

Chris.

Previous Topic:Working with Virgo and Hibernate
Next Topic:Problema configuring virgo on eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:15:26 GMT 2024