Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » M2M (model-to-model transformation) » [ATL] Copy entire Model without refining mode(Copy entire Model without refining mode)
[ATL] Copy entire Model without refining mode [message #754413] Wed, 02 November 2011 13:39 Go to next message
Andre  is currently offline Andre Friend
Hi!

I am new in ATL and I have the following situation:

I have two models as input (model A and model B - model A uses Profile, that is in a third model file). I want as output a model C that is the same model A with some new elements and new connectors (I will decide wich new elements checking the model B).

First I tried to use the refining mode, but I face some problems, because this mode don`t work fine with two models as input, and I cannot use the "do" statement (I am not sure if I can access stereotypes outside the do statement).

So as second option I decided to clone the entire model (instead use refining mode) and make the changes that I want.

Is it possible?

Thanks in advance.

Andre.
Re: [ATL] Copy entire Model without refining mode [message #757706 is a reply to message #754413] Mon, 21 November 2011 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ravenlord  is currently offline Ravenlord Friend
That is possible. The easiest way is probably to write a standard transformation that jut copies every element and than use superimposition (check the wiki if you're not familiar with this) to overwrite rules or add new specific rules.
If you are using uml models there is a UML2Copy.atl transformation written by Dennis Wagelaar, you can use that as a starting point.
Re: [ATL] Copy entire Model without refining mode [message #758266 is a reply to message #757706] Tue, 22 November 2011 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ronan B is currently offline Ronan BFriend
Hi,
I have used this transform many times and highly recommend it over using the refining mode. This approach is more flexible and customizable. Great job Dennis. The code is available at http://soft.vub.ac.be/viewvc/UML2CaseStudies/uml2cs-transformations/transformations/UML2Copy.atl?view=log
Regards,
Ronan
Re: [ATL] Copy entire Model without refining mode [message #758267 is a reply to message #758266] Tue, 22 November 2011 14:05 Go to previous message
Andre  is currently offline Andre Friend
Hey!

Excelent!

Thanks for the replies!

André.
Previous Topic:[ATL] "Continue" Java statement
Next Topic:[ATL] Use more than one instance
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:48:50 GMT 2024