Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Building aTabFolder
Building aTabFolder [message #754308] Wed, 02 November 2011 01:58 Go to next message
Bill Brandley is currently offline Bill BrandleyFriend
I tried to use WindowBuilder to build a tabbed control but I am missing a step.
I created a TabFolder, I dropped 3 TabItems into it. I double clicked tab 1 and dropped a Button onto it. I wound up with a new tab, not a button on tab 1. What am I missing? Thanx, Bill.
Re: Building aTabFolder [message #754412 is a reply to message #754308] Wed, 02 November 2011 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konstantin Scheglov is currently offline Konstantin ScheglovFriend
Drop Button (or better Composite and then Button) on TabItem header.

index.php/fa/6014/0/

Konstantin Scheglov,
Google, Inc.
Re: Building aTabFolder [message #754441 is a reply to message #754308] Wed, 02 November 2011 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
You need to watch where the red or green insertion point is. An SWT TabItem can have one and only one child, so, if you have not added a container (like a Composte) to a tab, dropping a new widget on the TabFolder will just create a new tab with that widget as its only child. If you want to drop a widget onto an existing tab, drop it on the tab itself, not the TabFolder. If you drop a Composite onto the TabItem's tab, it will become that tab's child, and you can then drop other widgets into the Composite. The easiest way to approach this is to start by dropping empty Composites into the TabFolder. A new TabItem will be created and inserted for each one.
Re: Building aTabFolder [message #754477 is a reply to message #754441] Wed, 02 November 2011 16:58 Go to previous message
Bill Brandley is currently offline Bill BrandleyFriend
A thanks to all of you. T'was precisely what I needed.
Previous Topic:Implementing in a web app
Next Topic:Problem installing WBpro3.7
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:20:33 GMT 2024