Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Graphiti » Tabbed property sections are sometimes not activated.(Sometimes the property sections show correctly, sometimes they don't show at all. The behavior seems difficult to debug.)
Tabbed property sections are sometimes not activated. [message #753760] Fri, 28 October 2011 16:04 Go to next message
Georg Hackenberg is currently offline Georg HackenbergFriend
Hi,

I am facing a strange problem with the tabbed property sections:

• When opening a diagram and clicking through the diagram elements the property sections are activated correctly
  • After adding elements (nodes, transitions) to the diagram the property sections still are activated correctly
  • After changing domain object properties in the property sections the sections are NOT activated correctly anymore (actually they are not activated at all, i.e. the properties view only says "Properties are not available")
  • After closing and reopening the diagram everything works perfectly again until the procedure is repeated

Did any of you have a similar problem in the past?

Best,

Georg

[Updated on: Fri, 28 October 2011 16:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Tabbed property sections are sometimes not activated. [message #753963 is a reply to message #753760] Mon, 31 October 2011 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Wenz is currently offline Michael WenzFriend
Georg,

at I first glance I would suspect an issue with using the wrong editing
domain. Did you have a look at our FAQ entry on property sheets? See
http://www.eclipse.org/graphiti/developers/faq.php.

HTH,
Michael
Re: Tabbed property sections are sometimes not activated. [message #754589 is a reply to message #753963] Thu, 03 November 2011 12:39 Go to previous message
Georg Hackenberg is currently offline Georg HackenbergFriend
Thanks for pointing me to the FAQs page. Before I was using the standard EMF editing domain and command API for making changes on the domain model. Now I use the Graphiti IFeature API instead.

However, this modification did not solve the problem. Nevertheless I managed to get around it: Previously I was setting the SelectionProvider to be a TableViewer contained in the PropertySection. That was the reason why the diagram editor selection were not forwarded anymore.
Previous Topic:Create Connection Programatically
Next Topic:ContainerShape as parent of a connection
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:46:13 GMT 2024