Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » RCP Continuous Integration Environment advice(Request for advise relating to building a new Continuous Integration Environment to produce executable RCP applications.)
icon8.gif  RCP Continuous Integration Environment advice [message #753428] Thu, 27 October 2011 08:30 Go to next message
ali Mising name is currently offline ali Mising nameFriend
Hello all,

My project will require a Continuous Integration environment to satisfy the following requirements:

• Compile the executable RCP application.
  • Compile a number of java projects to produce jar files for the executable RCP application build.
  • Unit testing

I am wondering if anyone can advise what technology I should use to achieve these things? I've already read some generalized guidelines from the Eclipse website, however I am seeking some specifics that I can act on such as what is the best choices in technology to use for RCP CI.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Also, if there is a better forum for this post, please let me know.

Thanks

Ali

Supplemental:

My project group have been desperately trying to solve this ourselves, however we are finding there is too much and contradicting information on eclipse.org regarding this issue. There are articles regarding many different technologies, many of which do not display a published date which makes this additionally difficult. My project will suffer enormously if we have to use "detective work" to discover what the actual best practice is.

Any help, anything (hints, links etc) would be a God send to us. Also, please reply if there is a better forum for my question?

Thanks

[Updated on: Fri, 18 November 2011 01:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: RCP Continuous Integration Environment advice [message #767028 is a reply to message #753428] Fri, 16 December 2011 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ali Mising name is currently offline ali Mising nameFriend
MOVE ALONG - NOTHING TO SEE HERE!

I was really hoping someone within the Eclipse Community would know something about CI for Eclipse RCP Products... This is disappointing because I suspect other project teams attempting to use Eclipse RCP collaboratively will also waste a lot of time and fail!

[Updated on: Fri, 16 December 2011 22:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: RCP Continuous Integration Environment advice [message #767084 is a reply to message #767028] Sat, 17 December 2011 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian de Alwis is currently offline Brian de AlwisFriend
Tycho + Hudson (or Jenkins).
Re: RCP Continuous Integration Environment advice [message #767170 is a reply to message #767084] Sat, 17 December 2011 08:01 Go to previous message
Jan Krakora is currently offline Jan KrakoraFriend
Or Buckminster + Jenkins
Previous Topic:More context menus for editor
Next Topic:[solved] Enable buttons
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 17:40:33 GMT 2024