Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Riena » to change language after starting an application
to change language after starting an application [message #743712] Fri, 21 October 2011 17:29 Go to next message
atao Missing name is currently offline atao Missing nameFriend
Is there any way with Riena to change the language used when a standalone application is already running?

The use case is:
- each user can state its favorite language (it's stored with its other personal data)
- the application starts with the OS language on the station
- when a user is authenticated, then the application switches to the favorite user's language
- option: the user can change its favorite language at any time.

[Updated on: Fri, 21 October 2011 17:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: to change language after starting an application [message #745096 is a reply to message #743712] Sat, 22 October 2011 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Campo is currently offline Christian CampoFriend
Am 21.10.11 19:29, schrieb atao:
> Is there any way with Riena to change the language used when a standalone application is already running?
>
> The use case is: - each user can state its favorite language (it's stored with its other personal data)
> - the application starts with the OS language on the station
> - when a user is authenticated, then the application switches to the favorite user's language - option: the user can
> change its favorite language at any time.
I would probably say that you can do that like with any RCP application. Since Riena has RCP inside, there is no
difference. However I admit that I dont know the details how to do that in RCP. :-)

If that doesnt help let me know and I digg a little deeper.....

christian
Re: to change language after starting an application [message #745465 is a reply to message #745096] Sat, 22 October 2011 21:07 Go to previous message
atao Missing name is currently offline atao Missing nameFriend
[quote ]
I would probably say that you can do that like with any RCP application. Since Riena has RCP inside, there is no
difference. However I admit that I dont know the details how to do that in RCP. Smile

If that doesnt help let me know and I digg a little deeper.....
[/quote]

Thank you for your answer.

The only way to do it with RCP is to restart the workbench.
See:
- http://www.toedter.com/blog/?p=19
- http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1431949
- https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=222023

Previous Topic:submodule and foreach
Next Topic:uiFilters extension
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 06:14:10 GMT 2024