Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » drag and drop effects
drag and drop effects [message #741689] Wed, 19 October 2011 20:04 Go to next message
Scott Lewis is currently offline Scott LewisFriend
I've been looking at the TableDragSourceEffect...and TableDropTargetEffect, and I would like to change/customize the visuals associated with Table widget drag and drop (e.g. so that selection, insertion highlighting appears slightly differently during drag and drop). Are there examples (in Eclipse or elsewhere) of extending (or replacing) the Table drag and drop effects? Is there any further documentation available on doing this?

Thanksinadvance,

Scott
Re: drag and drop effects [message #743375 is a reply to message #741689] Fri, 21 October 2011 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lakshmi P ShanmugamFriend
Hi,

You can customize the image shown while the dragging from a Table, see the javadoc of TableDragSourceEffect. You can also provide your own drag under effect for a Table, see javadoc of TableDropTargetEffect.
I didn't find any article or example of this, but here is an article on Drag and Drop in SWT --> http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-SWT-DND/DND-in-SWT.html

Lakshmi P Shanmugam
Re: drag and drop effects [message #743525 is a reply to message #743375] Fri, 21 October 2011 14:56 Go to previous message
Scott Lewis is currently offline Scott LewisFriend
Thanks Lakshmi. If you come across any further examples/source, please let all know here.
Previous Topic:Refresh problems with switchable graphics
Next Topic:Compatibility problem with Myspace and SWT Browser
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:15:54 GMT 2024