Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Unable to view grid in Master Page(I am only able to view a small portion of my Master Page grid)
Unable to view grid in Master Page [message #741325] Wed, 19 October 2011 12:27 Go to next message
xandelfire is currently offline xandelfireFriend
Hey guys,

I am struggling to make changes to an existing rptdesign report created on an earlier version of Eclipse and (possibly) the BIRT Report Designer plugin too.

The reason for this is I am unable to view most of my grid contained in the Master Page section of the report so making changes via the GUI is impossible...!

I have attached a screenshot to help explain further.

Any ideas on why it's like this and perhaps how to fix it?

I am running Ubuntu 11.04 with Eclipse 3.7 and BIRT (Eclipse BIRT Project) 3.7.1.

Thanks in advance!

Xandel
Re: Unable to view grid in Master Page [message #741377 is a reply to message #741325] Wed, 19 October 2011 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I figured out why...

It's a difference between BIRT 2.5.1 and BIRT 2.6.1. The header section no longer allows for a variable height, instead it needs to be defined.

I could only see a portion of my header because the new BIRT was set to 0.5 inches (some default value I assume). By increasing this it no longer truncates my Grid.

While this fixes my issue of being able to work on the Grid, it poses a new problem, it appears BIRT 2.6.1 does not allow for a variable height header / footer? I require the header to be a variable height as the Grid it contains has a variable image in one of its cells...

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Xandel
Re: Unable to view grid in Master Page [message #741400 is a reply to message #741377] Wed, 19 October 2011 13:49 Go to previous message
Ah...

Change the "report" property from fixed to auto...

X
Previous Topic:BIRT 2.6: No dynamically resizing of footer
Next Topic:HMTL to Plain Text Computed column
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:13:23 GMT 2024