Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » BIRT 2.5.1 cuts off font at auto text when generating a PDF
BIRT 2.5.1 cuts off font at auto text when generating a PDF [message #740155] Tue, 18 October 2011 08:09 Go to next message
oppressor is currently offline oppressorFriend
Hi,
I'm using BIRT 2.5.1 an added a grid on the master page where I want the page numbers to be shown.
When generating the report as an PDF the auto text for "page n of m" cuts off the number on the "of m"-side when the font is set to sans serif or helvetica.

Setting the font to times or serif oder whateverfont the number is perfectly shown.
Also when using Arial as font, the number is perfectly shown.

I already tried to adjust the grid, padding, font size. Nothing worked.

Any idea?

• Attachment: BIRT.jpg
    (Size: 30.11KB, Downloaded 188 times)
Re: BIRT 2.5.1 cuts off font at auto text when generating a PDF [message #740550 is a reply to message #740155] Tue, 18 October 2011 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

Can you reproduce this in a report with sample data so we can run and
test it?

Jason

On 10/18/2011 4:09 AM, oppressor wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm using BIRT 2.5.1 an added a grid on the master page where I want the page numbers to be shown.
> When generating the report as an PDF the auto text for "page n of m" cuts off the number on the "of m"-side when the font is set to sans serif or helvetica.
>
> Setting the font to times or serif oder whateverfont the number is perfectly shown.
> Also when using Arial as font, the number is perfectly shown.
>
> I already tried to adjust the grid, padding, font size. Nothing worked.
>
> Any idea?
>
>
Re: BIRT 2.5.1 cuts off font at auto text when generating a PDF [message #742124 is a reply to message #740550] Thu, 20 October 2011 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Theres nothing special to it.
Just create a new report with this version, switch to the master page, insert auto text for "Page n of m" or an combination of "Page" and "Total Page Count" in the footer, adjust the font to sans serif, generate a PDF version of the report and... there you go.
Re: BIRT 2.5.1 cuts off font at auto text when generating a PDF [message #742296 is a reply to message #742124] Thu, 20 October 2011 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Interesting detail: on a ubuntu machine of a employee of mine, the report with the sans serif font family is drawn perfectly in the pdf file. I'm running a Windows 7 64-Bit machine. Due to the fact that the report will finally get generated on a linux server the problem is solved for me by now...but its still interesting.
Does linux use a variant of the helvetica font type? On both systems the helvetica font is embedded in the pdf file when the sans serif font family is chosen...
Re: BIRT 2.5.1 cuts off font at auto text when generating a PDF [message #742556 is a reply to message #742296] Thu, 20 October 2011 15:47 Go to previous message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

Do you mind opening a bugzilla entry for this?

Jason

On 10/20/2011 7:15 AM, oppressor wrote:
> Interesting detail: on a ubuntu machine of a employee of mine, the
> report with the sans serif font family is drawn perfectly in the pdf
> file. I'm running a Windows 7 64-Bit machine. Due to the fact that the
> report will finally get generated on a linux server the problem is
> solved for me by now...but its still interesting.
> Does linux use a variant of the helvetica font type? On both systems the
> helvetica font is embedded in the pdf file when the sans serif font
> family is chosen...
Previous Topic:Alignment of labels in bar chart
Next Topic:How to set chart series name in javascript
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:33:34 GMT 2024