Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » The project: which is referenced by the classpath, does not exist(The project: which is referenced by the classpath, does not exist)
The project: which is referenced by the classpath, does not exist [message #740031] Tue, 18 October 2011 04:44 Go to next message
sankar.banerjee99 is currently offline sankar.banerjee99Friend
The issue can be resolved in the following way.

Step 1> Select New-> other -> Java Project
Step 2> Click next
Step 3> With the other required input please select the check box beside "Add project to working sets".

The error goes away

[Updated on: Tue, 18 October 2011 04:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: The project: which is referenced by the classpath, does not exist [message #1170370 is a reply to message #740031] Mon, 04 November 2013 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben Haschalk is currently offline Ben HaschalkFriend
Good day all - I just created an account to post another solution for this issue I ran into today. A contractor we recently hired hit this issue, I say that because the machine he was working on had been used for multiple projects over the course of the last few months. Our version of this error was referencing one of those old projects.

Under Run/Run (or Run/Debug) then under Classpath, there was a blank entry, (which made it quite well hidden) under User Entries. I managed to highlight User Entries, pressed the down arrow and highlighted this empty entry. Clicked Remove, and voila - the error was gone.

Re: The project: which is referenced by the classpath, does not exist [message #1266476 is a reply to message #740031] Fri, 07 March 2014 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quande Ren is currently offline Quande RenFriend
I got this error when trying to run junit test within eclipse.

In my case the workspace directory name is the same as my project name. I found when I rename my project name to a different name than workspace directory name, then it runs OK. eventually I renamed my workspace directory name.
Re: The project: which is referenced by the classpath, does not exist [message #1697832 is a reply to message #1266476] Mon, 08 June 2015 18:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jean-Charles Miron is currently offline Jean-Charles MironFriend
My project name was the same as the workspace name also. I also renamed my project and it fixed the issue!
Re: The project: which is referenced by the classpath, does not exist [message #1707686 is a reply to message #1266476] Tue, 08 September 2015 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clyde Hill is currently offline Clyde HillFriend
Quande Ren wrote on Fri, 07 March 2014 14:06
I got this error when trying to run junit test within eclipse.

In my case the workspace directory name is the same as my project name. I found when I rename my project name to a different name than workspace directory name, then it runs OK. eventually I renamed my workspace directory name.

I ran into the same issue and your post help me, thanks Quande Ren!
Re: The project: which is referenced by the classpath, does not exist [message #1732773 is a reply to message #1266476] Fri, 20 May 2016 07:22 Go to previous message
Reshma Shah is currently offline Reshma ShahFriend
Thanks,
This worked for me.
Previous Topic:Unable to install sonarlint plugin from marketplace
Next Topic:Mac-specific: Enable Character Picker
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:13:03 GMT 2024