Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » Custom Tree Selection mechanism
Custom Tree Selection mechanism [message #739316] Mon, 17 October 2011 10:36
thilo.public is currently offline thilo.publicFriend
Dear SWT gurus,

I am using a TreeViewer (within the Common Navigator Framework) and want to implement my own Tree Selection mechanism.

Basically, the Tree should disallow certain selection operations, e.g. the Click on certain tree items should not change the selection (especially not create selection events) but result in a hover that displays a disallowed icon.

I understand (correctly?) that I need to modify the org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Tree implementation, for example the WM_LBUTTONDOWN method. Therefore, I have to copy the Tree code and make my modifications.

(BTW: Adding a selection listener that instantly removes the changed selection is not an option because that would result in flickering and two selection change event propagations.)

Is there a way to use the existing SWT jar and just "exchange" the Tree implementation? I want the other components (like CommonViewer) to use my Tree implementation instead of the original one.

Can this problem be addressed by using a custom classloader, and if, how?

Kind regards,
Thilo
Previous Topic:TreeViewer with only one TreeViewerColumn
Next Topic:TAB as global shortcut key
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:53:17 GMT 2024