Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Gemini » HttpInvokerProxyFactoryBean Creation fails
HttpInvokerProxyFactoryBean Creation fails [message #737326] Fri, 14 October 2011 23:00 Go to next message
Christian Hanster is currently offline Christian HansterFriend
Hey guys,

I have a problem with building a "HttpInvokerProxyFactoryBean" with the Blueprint extender. My problem is: The ApplicationContext is not created with the xml like this:
<bean id="mybean"
		class="org.springframework.remoting.httpinvoker.HttpInvokerProxyFactoryBean">
		<property name="serviceUrl" value="http://localhost:8080/WebServices/SpringInv" />
		<property name="serviceInterface" value="package.MyInterface" />
</bean>

The extender bundle otherwise works fine because I have two spring-based bundles and I can see the output from the other bundle in the console (also when I change the object above to a "normal" class it works). So it must have something to do with the "HttpInvokerProxyFactoryBean". The server also works fine because I did a JUnit-Test with the same xml as above and it worked Sad I can not understand why gemini can't do it.

Perhaps someone can help me Smile

Christian
Re: HttpInvokerProxyFactoryBean Creation fails [message #739193 is a reply to message #737326] Mon, 17 October 2011 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
According to the blueprint spec, you have to specify the location of the XML file(s) in your bundle using the Bundle-Blueprint manifest header and if you don't, then blueprint will look for files matching OSGI-INF/blueprint/*.xml.
Re: HttpInvokerProxyFactoryBean Creation fails [message #739428 is a reply to message #739193] Mon, 17 October 2011 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Hanster is currently offline Christian HansterFriend
I think that's not my problem because I took the files in META-INF/spring and it works. The problem is the HttpInvokerProxyFactoryBean. When I launch the context without that bean it works fine. Moreover when I write in Bundle-Activator:
try {
	HttpInvokerProxyFactoryBean test = new HttpInvokerProxyFactoryBean();
	test.setServiceUrl("http://localhost:8080/WebServices/SpringInv");
        test.setServiceInterface(package.MyInterface.class);
	test.afterPropertiesSet();
} catch (Exception e) {
	// TODO Auto-generated catch block
	e.printStackTrace();
}

It does not work (It fails with the afterProperties() but I see no output. I can only see it when I debug the code because the code after the "afterProperties()" method is not executed).
When I write the same code in a normal Java Apllication it works. Sad
I think it is something with the dependencies but I have added all plugins, which I had in the Java Application.

When I now see the problem I think I should change the forum Wink
Re: HttpInvokerProxyFactoryBean Creation fails [message #739454 is a reply to message #739428] Mon, 17 October 2011 13:51 Go to previous message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
I wonder if afterPropertiesSet is causing some class loading to happen which fails because your bundle is missing a dependency? Debugging into the root cause of the failure would help.
Previous Topic:Gemini JPA problem with Eclipse RCP
Next Topic:Gemini Web p2 repository
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:16:03 GMT 2024