Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Graphiti » Using Graphiti with an emf based model
Using Graphiti with an emf based model [message #736756] Fri, 14 October 2011 09:55 Go to next message
Joao S is currently offline Joao SFriend
Hello everyone,

I´m new to Graphiti and I´m facing some dificulties.

I took a look at HelpContents and it was really helpfull.

However, I can see that the examples are based in the ecore model but now, I would like to use another EMF based model (built with Ecore Graphic Editor available with the EMF Framework).

Can anyone point me the direction?

Thanks,
Joao
Re: Using Graphiti with an emf based model [message #736871 is a reply to message #736756] Fri, 14 October 2011 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hernan Gonzalez is currently offline Hernan GonzalezFriend
Hi Joao. The tutorial uses, as model example, the EMF metamodel (ladder.ecore => EClass, EPackage , Ereference etc), just because it is handy (it's available, no need to create an ad-hoc model for a tutorial), but there's nothing special about it.
You, the Graphiti user, will tipically have another model, with its ecore definition and its generated interfaces/classes say mylibrary.ecore => Book, Library, etc . Then , in your own plugin, you will (roughly) use "Book" in the places where the tutorial uses "EClass" and so on.
Re: Using Graphiti with an emf based model [message #736934 is a reply to message #736871] Fri, 14 October 2011 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joao S is currently offline Joao SFriend
Hello,

First of all thank you for your answer.

So it is much more simple then what I tought. =D

However, in the sample project in the project explorer view there is a tree based model built with curent diagram. Do you know how I can do that for my models?

Thanks a lot,
Joao

[Updated on: Fri, 14 October 2011 14:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Using Graphiti with an emf based model [message #737252 is a reply to message #736934] Fri, 14 October 2011 20:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hernan Gonzalez is currently offline Hernan GonzalezFriend
Joao wrote on Fri, 14 October 2011 10:35

However, in the sample project in the project explorer view there is a tree based model built with curent diagram. Do you know how I can do that for my models?

Sorry, I don't understand. Could you elaborate. The sample project is the tutorial? What is that "tree based model"? And "current diagram" ?
Re: Using Graphiti with an emf based model [message #741163 is a reply to message #736934] Wed, 19 October 2011 08:36 Go to previous message
Michael Wenz is currently offline Michael WenzFriend
Maybe I can help out.

The coding for the project explorer tree showing the classes and relations
is part of the org.eclipse.graphiti.examples.common plugin (package
navigator and subpackages). You can have a look on how to do that there.

It's all based upon the Eclipse project explorer APIs.

HTH,
Michael
Previous Topic:Layouting algorithm for References
Next Topic:Some small issues with Copy/Paste
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:39:51 GMT 2024