Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Transfer object mappings
Transfer object mappings [message #736646] Fri, 14 October 2011 07:31 Go to next message
Richard Skoog is currently offline Richard SkoogFriend
Hi,

I have a couple of different versions of the same application. This means one AUT per version. The objects are the same between the versions and I don't want to redo the mapping for every version, so the question is how to transfer the mappings between the different versions? The object mapping is started per AUT, so I don't see the old mappings if I start a new AUT.

Regards Richard
Re: Transfer object mappings [message #736675 is a reply to message #736646] Fri, 14 October 2011 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Richard,

If it's the same application but in a different version, then I'd recommend using different AUT configurations. Different AUTs have different Object Maps, but one AUT can have different configurations (versions, platforms etc.). The configurations then all share an object map.

The documentation on AUT configurations is here:
http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/topic/org.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help/html/manual/node74.html

HTH!
Alex
Re: Transfer object mappings [message #736807 is a reply to message #736675] Fri, 14 October 2011 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Richard Skoog is currently offline Richard SkoogFriend
Great! Thanks Smile
Re: Transfer object mappings [message #741225 is a reply to message #736807] Wed, 19 October 2011 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rahat  is currently offline Rahat Friend
No Message Body
Re: Transfer object mappings [message #741228 is a reply to message #741225] Wed, 19 October 2011 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alex,

Lets suppose we have done some mapping in one project and have made reusable modules in it. But when I try to use these reusable modules in other project, it gives me the error for object mapping not found. And then I can see all the objects in the "Unassigned Component names". Do I always need to Assign these objects again and again whenever I will use these reusable modules in other project especially on another system ?

Thanks,
Rahat
Re: Transfer object mappings [message #741321 is a reply to message #741228] Wed, 19 October 2011 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oliver Goetz is currently offline Oliver GoetzFriend
Hello Rahat,

at this moment there is no chance to reuse the object mapping done in a reused project in a reusing project since the mapping is bound to the AUT and the project.
Regards
Oliver
Re: Transfer object mappings [message #742091 is a reply to message #741321] Thu, 20 October 2011 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oliver,

so what is best approach to solve this problem ?

Thanks,
Rahat
Re: Transfer object mappings [message #1018339 is a reply to message #741228] Wed, 13 March 2013 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miroslav Jankovic is currently offline Miroslav JankovicFriend
Rahat wrote on Wed, 19 October 2011 06:08
Alex,

Lets suppose we have done some mapping in one project and have made reusable modules in it. But when I try to use these reusable modules in other project, it gives me the error for object mapping not found. And then I can see all the objects in the "Unassigned Component names". Do I always need to Assign these objects again and again whenever I will use these reusable modules in other project especially on another system ?

Thanks,
Rahat

Did some solution for this problem appeared in the meantime?
Re: Transfer object mappings [message #1066721 is a reply to message #741228] Thu, 04 July 2013 05:36 Go to previous message
Tom Tan is currently offline Tom TanFriend
Rahat wrote on Wed, 19 October 2011 06:08
Alex,

Thanks,
Rahat

We have several team members to write test cases at the same time so some reusable modules would make it easy to organize the work. Is there a good way to reuse OM yet?

Thanks!
Tom
Previous Topic:Input text from external file
Next Topic:Could testexec Command offer an error message of screen shot besides .htm & .xml file?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 08:16:48 GMT 2024