Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Problem reaching eclipse update servers(Unable to contact update servers due to read time out)
Problem reaching eclipse update servers [message #736330] Thu, 13 October 2011 23:07 Go to next message
gsemonis is currently offline gsemonisFriend
I just downloaded indigo and am unable to install new software from any server that starts with download.eclipse.org. When I try it takes forever before eventually popping up a window saying unable to read repository at download.eclipse.org/releases/indigo.jar org.eclipse.equinox.p2.core.provisionException. in the details it comes from a read time out. I can reach other sites for plugins fine just not the eclipse servers. Can anybody help me fix this.
Re: Problem reaching eclipse update servers [message #758411 is a reply to message #736330] Wed, 23 November 2011 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Postholes  is currently offline Postholes Friend
Did you figure this issue out or get some help? I'm having the same issues, and can't find anybody that actually offered a suggestion. Been searching/playing for the last several hours and haven't made any progress other than saying lots of cuss words.

Re: Problem reaching eclipse update servers [message #758414 is a reply to message #758411] Wed, 23 November 2011 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, in my case I think maybe my ISP has eclipse blocked. I have clear wireless. I went to a restaurant that had free wifi and got everything I needed there.
Re: Problem reaching eclipse update servers [message #759238 is a reply to message #758414] Sun, 27 November 2011 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mats  is currently offline Mats Friend
It appears I have a similar issue - I get a timeout on pretty much all updates / install plugin requests. Is there any mirror site I could try? Is there any way I could rule out my local setup or pinpoint the isp as the culprit? Would traceroute help? Is this traffic on port 80 or some other port?

/;
Re: Problem reaching eclipse update servers [message #759535 is a reply to message #759238] Tue, 29 November 2011 04:11 Go to previous message
I looked around for a while but could never find an update site mirror, but somebody else on here may know of one. As far as traceroute, I doubt it would help any as I could pull a file using wget from the url. Somebody else can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you get redirected from there to get what you need. If you know how to use wireshark you could try that using it to find out what's going on. I'd suggest though going somewhere else like I did and trying.
Previous Topic:Eclipse won't Start
Next Topic:Annoying highlighting in any dark theme
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:07:59 GMT 2024