Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Problems with parameters in a test case hierarchy
Problems with parameters in a test case hierarchy [message #735936] Thu, 13 October 2011 07:05 Go to next message
Richard Skoog is currently offline Richard SkoogFriend
Hi,

I have problems with references to parameters in a test case hierarchy. I want to do exactly as done in the unbound module complex_app_init (found in Actions (complex)/Init Application).

I create a parameter in a test case and want to transfer the parameter to a another test case, but when trying to create a new parameter of the received parameter then I get the error code "9507: It is not allowed to use references in original testcases."

Anyone who has a clue of what the problem is?

When creating modules for re-use it normally ends up with a hierarchy of test cases, and I want it to be a simple as possible to change the parameters used in all the test steps.

Regards Richard
Re: Problems with parameters in a test case hierarchy [message #735951 is a reply to message #735936] Thu, 13 October 2011 08:04 Go to previous message
Oliver Goetz is currently offline Oliver GoetzFriend
Hi Richard,

you have to reuse the referenced test case first in order to parametrize. You can manage the parameters of a test case via "Edit Parameters" (right click on test case or ctrl-shift-a). For further information on using parameters check this link: http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/topic/org.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help/html/manual/node107.html
Regards
Oliver
Previous Topic:AUT agent not starting
Next Topic:can't create new project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 17:14:33 GMT 2024