Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Xtext maven generation
Xtext maven generation [message #735922] Thu, 13 October 2011 06:39 Go to next message
kolchanov Mising name is currently offline kolchanov Mising nameFriend
Hello,

I want to run generation and test workflow from command line.
I have spend a lot of time to find solution in google but without success.

Could anyone share a real working pom.xml file for xtext 2.0 project?
Re: Xtext maven generation [message #735930 is a reply to message #735922] Thu, 13 October 2011 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hi,

http://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.org/p/spray/
Please note: you have to check in the xtend-gen (not src-gen) stuff since xtend-generation still does not work from maven.

~Christian

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: Xtext maven generation [message #735970 is a reply to message #735930] Thu, 13 October 2011 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
R.M. Morrien is currently offline R.M. MorrienFriend
I've been looking into the spray example. But the spray example is much more than only the xtext generation. It is immediately an advanced example.

I would prefer to see a "Hello world" maven example. Preferably generated as part of the myDsl example. Or as a tutorial on the xtext site, or as a maven xtext sample archetype. So you could create a new maven xtext project layout by using mvn archetype:generate.

I was not yet able to apply the spray example on my own project, I got distracted by all the different spray modules.
There are some blog items available for the previous xtext version, but there is not much for xtext 2.0.

I think for a lot of people it is a requirement to be able to build your own xtext project with maven and have it run on a continuus integration servers.
Spray is the best example, it includes Jenkins builds on CloudBees:
https://spray.ci.cloudbees.com/job/spray-ci-build/92/

Martijn
Re: Xtext maven generation [message #735977 is a reply to message #735970] Thu, 13 October 2011 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hi Martijn,

feel free to contribute something yourself and blog on it Wink

~Christian

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: Xtext maven generation [message #933157 is a reply to message #735977] Thu, 04 October 2012 19:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aaron Phethean is currently offline Aaron PhetheanFriend
This is an old thread, but 1 year on I found the examples and general explanation to be lacking. Here is what I found and the simplest maven example for XText 2.2 and 2.3: github.com/aphethean/xtext-maven-examples
Re: Xtext maven generation [message #940664 is a reply to message #933157] Thu, 11 October 2012 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
R.M. Morrien is currently offline R.M. MorrienFriend
Aaron thank you very much for your hard work! I wasn't able to get this far. Your manual and examples should be on the Xtext site.
Re: Xtext maven generation [message #941924 is a reply to message #940664] Sat, 13 October 2012 01:12 Go to previous message
Scott Finnie is currently offline Scott FinnieFriend
I had similar problems trying to find documentation on using maven/tycho with xtext. I wrote up experience as a step-by-step 'howto' and never quite got round to publishing. I've put it up here: presentation isn't great but might be of some use. Warning: it's very prescriptive and so quite long.

I'm still very much a tycho/maven novice so any feedback appreciated.

hth.
Previous Topic:NodeModelUtils and EcoreUtil.copy
Next Topic:NMToken Terminal
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:03:48 GMT 2024