Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Platform - User Assistance (UA) » Searching in help does not work
Searching in help does not work [message #735611] Wed, 12 October 2011 11:30 Go to next message
Riccardo Missing name is currently offline Riccardo Missing nameFriend
As mentioned in other posts, I try to provide a help for an application with the usage of my own implementation of a toc provider. The provider builds a toc dynamically with topics that reffer to xhtml content provided in the same plugin aa well as xhtml content provided in other plugins.

A simple example looks as follows:

- bundleA with bundleA.xhtml
- bundleB with bundleB.xhtml
- bundelB also provides the toc provider, which is registerd via the extension point org.eclipse.help.toc

The href to the content is allways /bundleId/path/to/content (eg. /bundleA/bundleA.xhtml and /bundleB/bundleB.xhtml).

The toc and the content for both bundels is displayed correctly when I click at the topics. My problem is, that only matches in bundelB are found, which is the bundel that defines also the toc provider, if I try to search the help.
Re: Searching in help does not work [message #737336 is a reply to message #735611] Fri, 14 October 2011 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Goldthorpe is currently offline Chris GoldthorpeFriend
I would need to see an example to understand the issue. Can you file a bug report with the two bundles attached?
Re: Searching in help does not work [message #739482 is a reply to message #737336] Mon, 17 October 2011 14:20 Go to previous message
Riccardo Missing name is currently offline Riccardo Missing nameFriend
Hallo Chris,

I filed a bug report (bug 361143) as requested in your post.

Regards

Riccardo
Previous Topic:helpData.xml Ignored for Infocenter Startup
Next Topic:Maximized welcome page
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:04:50 GMT 2024