Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » NoClassDefFoundError when trying to open ViewPart code with WindowBuilder
NoClassDefFoundError when trying to open ViewPart code with WindowBuilder [message #735313] Tue, 11 October 2011 14:24 Go to next message
Lydia  is currently offline Lydia Friend
Hello,
I've installed Window Builder Pro on Eclipse Indigo (3.7) for RCP developers, and experiencing the following problem:
I've created a new RCP project (The Hello RCP one) and added a simple empty ViewPart. When I tried to open with Window Builder I got the following error:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundEror: Could not initialize class org.eclipse.wb.os.OSSupport.

Any help will be appreciated.
Lydia.

Re: NoClassDefFoundError when trying to open ViewPart code with WindowBuilder [message #735318 is a reply to message #735313] Tue, 11 October 2011 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konstantin Scheglov is currently offline Konstantin ScheglovFriend
Why do you post only exception text, without exception stack trace?
Why don't you create error report archive, as error page suggests you?
You even don't tell us about your OS, even if you see error text which says something about OS.

Please attach error report.

Konstantin Scheglov,
Google, Inc.
Re: NoClassDefFoundError when trying to open ViewPart code with WindowBuilder [message #735331 is a reply to message #735318] Tue, 11 October 2011 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kindly forgive my noob mistakes.
the reason i didnt give an entire stack trace was that it might take up to a week to get it out of our "secure" network, so i wanted to see if anyone knows of this error and i am just missing out something simple. i can hand-write a few lines of the stack trace though. as for the operation system, you are right, i am running a linux redhat enterprise edition 5.3.

i dont know if its an error or some mistake on my behalf, perhaps during installation. so kindly, if you know what might be the cause of that, let me know, if an "error report" is mandatory, then i guess ill have to do it first, but it might be very difficult to export that onto the web.

here is a bit of the stack trace:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundEror: Could not initialize class org.eclipse.wb.os.OSSupport
at org.eclipse.wb.iternal.rcp.support.ToolkitSupportImpl.endShot(ToolkitSupportImpl.java:111)
at org.eclipse.wb.iternal.swt.support.ToolkitSupport.endShot(ToolkitSupport.java:92)
at org.eclipse.wb.iternal.swt.model.widgets.ControlInfo.refresh_fetch(ControlInfo.java:233)
at org.eclipse.wb.iternal.swt.model.widgets.ControlInfo.refresh_fetch(ControlInfo.java:157)
at org.eclipse.wb.iternal.rcp.model.rcp.WorkbenchPartLikeInfo.refrech_fetch(WorkbenchPartLikeInfo.java:168)
at orft.eclipse.wb.internal.rcp.model.rcp.ViewPartLikeInfo.refresh_fetch(ViewPartLikeInfo.java:183)
at org.eclipse.wb.core.model.ObjectInfo$6$1.run(ObjectInfo.java:496)

ill start the process of exporting this stack trace, if you can help me sooner ill appreciate it.

Thanks,
Lydia

[Updated on: Tue, 11 October 2011 14:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: NoClassDefFoundError when trying to open ViewPart code with WindowBuilder [message #735354 is a reply to message #735331] Tue, 11 October 2011 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah, OK, now I understand reason.
I just hope that there is some "Caused by" in exception stack trace, which tells actual reason of "Could not initialize".
Usually this is something related to absent class or DLL.

Konstantin Scheglov,
Google, Inc.
Re: NoClassDefFoundError when trying to open ViewPart code with WindowBuilder [message #735379 is a reply to message #735354] Tue, 11 October 2011 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah, now you'r talking Smile

here is the caused by:
Caused by:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:/.../.eclipse/org.eclipse.platform._3.7.0_1003824932/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/bundle/467/1/.cp/os/linux/x86/libwbp.so: file too short

the rest of the stack is general classloader stuff..

what do you think? a bad installation of eclipse?
Lydia
Re: NoClassDefFoundError when trying to open ViewPart code with WindowBuilder [message #736182 is a reply to message #735379] Thu, 13 October 2011 18:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Probably bad WindowBuilder installation, if you are using WB bundled with Eclipse, then yes - may be bad Eclipse installation.

Konstantin Scheglov,
Google, Inc.
Re: NoClassDefFoundError when trying to open ViewPart code with WindowBuilder [message #738505 is a reply to message #736182] Sun, 16 October 2011 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a ready reply, but i need 5 messages to use links
Re: NoClassDefFoundError when trying to open ViewPart code with WindowBuilder [message #738506 is a reply to message #738505] Sun, 16 October 2011 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so i am just upping my message count to 5..
Re: NoClassDefFoundError when trying to open ViewPart code with WindowBuilder [message #738507 is a reply to message #738506] Sun, 16 October 2011 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and here it is:

Hi, thank you for your reply!

Well, the only difference in installation of WB is that i followed the previous thread by Shlomi, which excluded the XML core stuff.

Could this be the cause of the problem? I checked the file i have on our network against the MD5 stated here, and got the same exact value (0266b316d500c1cbd562d7fae25382c0).

What should i try to do next?

Thanks,
Lydia
Re: NoClassDefFoundError when trying to open ViewPart code with WindowBuilder [message #740625 is a reply to message #738507] Tue, 18 October 2011 18:13 Go to previous message
I don't know, sorry.
XML should not have any matter.

Konstantin Scheglov,
Google, Inc.
Previous Topic:Does WindowBuilder support AWT?
Next Topic:WindowBuilder integration for custom table-like SWT widget
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:30:53 GMT 2024