Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » How to let Jubula "forget" a database
How to let Jubula "forget" a database [message #734997] Mon, 10 October 2011 15:39 Go to next message
Niels K is currently offline Niels KFriend
Hi,

I am trying out the new Jubula release, I'm curious about the new features.

I am using Jubula with a mySql DB. When connecting to the DB with Jubula 1.1 for the first time, a migration assistant appears, does some changes in the DB and after this, I cant open any test... hmm ok, I didn't expect everything to work correctly.

So I tried a workaround: Exported my test to xml (before staring the migration), created a new DB(for unproductive usage), connected to this (emtpy) DB with Jubula 1.1. Jubula created the tables as usual when connecting to an emtpy DB for the first time. Then I imported the test from the xml file and everything works ok. Fine.

Now I want to perform theese steps on my productive DB which I used with Jubula 1.0 before. I deleted every table from this DB manually and expected Jubula 1.1 would create its tables as usual when connecting to an emtpy DB... but it doesn't.
It seems that Jubula remebers this DB and expects to find its structure there, does nit find it and returns an error. (In fact, Jubula 1.1 did know my database connecting just after the installation).

To cut the long story short, how can I let Jubula "forget" a database, so that when I connect to this (cleared) database, Jubula creates its initial structure again?
(System is WinXP)

Thanks for the answer,
Niels
Re: How to let Jubula "forget" a database [message #735154 is a reply to message #734997] Tue, 11 October 2011 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Niels K wrote on Mon, 10 October 2011 17:39
a migration assistant appears, does some changes in the DB and after this, I cant open any test... hmm ok, I didn't expect everything to work correctly.

The migration assistant clears the database, including all the projects in it. The text of the wizard explains quite explicitly that you have to first export any projects you want to keep and then import them at the end. Exporting first, then connecting to the database and performing migration is the documented workflow:
http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/topic/org.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help/html/manual/node50.html

The database information is stored in the preferences, so it is workspace-specific. You might want to look at these links for more information:
http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/topic/org.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help/html/manual/node205.html

http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/topic/org.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help/html/manual/node211.html

HTH,
Alex

[Updated on: Tue, 11 October 2011 06:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to let Jubula "forget" a database [message #735180 is a reply to message #734997] Tue, 11 October 2011 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Achim Loerke is currently offline Achim LoerkeFriend

Jubula validates the DB schema by checking the table DB_VERSION for existence and a specific DB version. If there is no such table the persistence layer assumes that there is no valid Jubula schema.

This means dropping all tables or just the DB_VERSION table should make Jubula create its DB scheme.

Achim
Re: How to let Jubula "forget" a database [message #735557 is a reply to message #735154] Wed, 12 October 2011 07:53 Go to previous message
Niels K is currently offline Niels KFriend
Thanks for the hints.
I did follw the steps in the migration assitent, but this did not work correctly.
Now I set up a new workspace, imported my DB configuration, connected to the empty DB and the tables were created again. I imported the xml-export and now Jubula 1.1 is ready to work Smile
Previous Topic:Is there a way to select a context menu item of an already opened context menu?
Next Topic:How to handle DirectoryDialogs?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:12:24 GMT 2024