Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » How does the Virgo server get started from the Eclipse Servers view?
How does the Virgo server get started from the Eclipse Servers view? [message #734860] Mon, 10 October 2011 08:20 Go to next message
Barbara Rosi-Schwartz is currently offline Barbara Rosi-SchwartzFriend
Hello everyone.

I need to be able to start Virgo from the Eclipse Servers view, but I need to ensure that specific command line arguments are added and that my (customised) dmk script is exercised.

What does the standard launch for the server invoke to start the server up? I cannot see it, all I can see is a long list of program and VM args in the launch configuration window.

TIA,
B.
Re: How does the Virgo server get started from the Eclipse Servers view? [message #734899 is a reply to message #734860] Mon, 10 October 2011 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
The tooling doesn't use the scripts, such as dmk, to start Virgo. Think of it as a parallel mechanism alongside the scripts. I'm pretty sure it calls the Virgo launcher, but I haven't checked.
Re: How does the Virgo server get started from the Eclipse Servers view? [message #734905 is a reply to message #734899] Mon, 10 October 2011 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Glyn.

How can I figure the mechanism used out? Any pointer?
Re: How does the Virgo server get started from the Eclipse Servers view? [message #734906 is a reply to message #734905] Mon, 10 October 2011 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Start here: http://virgo-opengrok.springsource.org/search?q=launcher.Launcher&defs=&refs=&path=virgo+ide&hist=

(I entered launcher in the search box to get started.)
Re: How does the Virgo server get started from the Eclipse Servers view? [message #734907 is a reply to message #734860] Mon, 10 October 2011 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The tooling doesn't use the scripts, such as dmk, to start Virgo. Think of it as a parallel mechanism alongside the scripts. I'm pretty sure it calls the Virgo launcher, but I haven't checked.
Re: How does the Virgo server get started from the Eclipse Servers view? [message #734928 is a reply to message #734906] Mon, 10 October 2011 13:01 Go to previous message
Thank you very much, Glyn.
Previous Topic:Re: How does the Virgo server get started from the Eclipse Servers view?
Next Topic:Can I deploy a plan file to a Virgo server from the Servers view?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:07:33 GMT 2024