Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Eclipse Indigo and JAX-WS Support - why only Axis2/CXF??(When is WTP going to stop limiting the JAX-WS runtime choices to Axis2 and CXF only and finally INCLUDE Metro??)
Eclipse Indigo and JAX-WS Support - why only Axis2/CXF?? [message #734731] Sun, 09 October 2011 16:19 Go to next message
mark streit is currently offline mark streitFriend
Not sure if this is the right place to ask but I'll try it.

Last release of Eclipse was Helios and it included only Axis2 and CXF as the JAX-WS runtime choices. Now I downloaded and installed the latest Indigo (JEE package) and to my disappointment again, no Metro/JAX-WS RI choice included. Same old Axis2 and CXF choices which we don't want to use in our environment at all. Is there some specific reason why they continue to exclude Metro/JAX-WS RI from the WTP component of Eclipse?

Thanks

Mark
Re: Eclipse Indigo and JAX-WS Support - why only Axis2/CXF?? [message #736844 is a reply to message #734731] Fri, 14 October 2011 11:35 Go to previous message
Shane Clarke is currently offline Shane ClarkeFriend
Hi Mark,

WTP aren't excluding or limiting the support of Metro/JAX-RI on purpose.

You should start by logging an enhancement request in bugzilla against the JAX-WS Tools component (jst.ws.jaxws) under WTP Webservices to provide support for Metro/JAX-WS RI.

I will note however that due to a lack of time and resources we would currently be relying on a 3rd party contribution to the JAX-WS Tools component to provide said support.

Thanks,
Shane
Previous Topic:After upgrade of JBossWS, runs clean standalone, not as "Server" in Eclipse
Next Topic:Multiple inheritance for InferredType
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:28:10 GMT 2024