Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Could anybody help me with this?
Could anybody help me with this? [message #734641] Sun, 09 October 2011 01:48 Go to next message
Cindy  is currently offline Cindy Friend
Hey does anybody know how to realize the model and diagram separation in gmf? Like in RSA class diagram modeling.. when adding a class element on a class diagram ,the element does not belong to the diagram which means deleting the diagram will not delete the element at the same time.. so in this case ,the element is not the child node of a diagram but on the same level ..

anybody knows? could anyone give me some tip? i need to realize this as soon as possible:-)
Re: Could anybody help me with this? [message #734784 is a reply to message #734641] Sun, 09 October 2011 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Svyatoslav Kovalsky is currently offline Svyatoslav KovalskyFriend
Hello!

Model (semantic) element doesn't belong to a diagram.
So deleting the whole digram will not lead to loss of a model element,
unless you haven't turned on the option GenEditorGenerator#sameFileForDiagramAndModel on generation.
Even if the option is specified, diagram and model aren't mixed, but are neighbours in the file, so you'll be able to remove the whole diagram without affecting the model.

Regards,
Svyatoslav Kovalsky
at Montages Think Tank, Prague, Czech Republic
Montages AG, Zurich, Switzerland
Re: Could anybody help me with this? [message #736059 is a reply to message #734784] Thu, 13 October 2011 13:24 Go to previous message
Cindy  is currently offline Cindy Friend
Hey thank you Smile i think now i am making progress now..
Previous Topic:How to compile and execute two projects together
Next Topic:Drag and Drop a view onto another
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 02:15:41 GMT 2024