Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Deploying Spring Soap ws war fails in Virgo - Error instantiating ... MessageDispatcServlet(After successfully running a war file on Tomcat via STS I attempted to use Virgo. The bundle is deployed but the MessageDispatchServlet class referred to within web.XML, fails.)
Deploying Spring Soap ws war fails in Virgo - Error instantiating ... MessageDispatcServlet [message #732130] Tue, 04 October 2011 01:36 Go to next message
Jay Hamilton is currently offline Jay HamiltonFriend
Reading the documentation and forums, it seems dropping a simple war into Virgo does not work?
Re: Deploying Spring Soap ws war fails in Virgo - Error instantiating ... MessageDispatcServlet [message #732133 is a reply to message #732130] Tue, 04 October 2011 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here is the stack trace. There is a class not found message. I developed the war using maven within Eclipse STS 2.7.

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.springframework.ws.transport.http.MessageDispatcherServlet
org.eclipse.gemini.web.tomcat.internal.loading.BundleWebappClassLoader.loadClass(BundleWebappClassLoader.java:306)
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:472)
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:100)
org.eclipse.virgo.web.tomcat.support.ApplicationNameTrackingValve.invoke(ApplicationNameTrackingValve.java:33)
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:929)
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:405)
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:269)
org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:515)
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:300)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

My Manifest, as seen within the IDE only has the following:
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Class-Path:

Running the application within Tomcat tcServer has no issues. Do I need to explicitly put the Spring WS dependencies within the Manifest?
Re: Deploying Spring Soap ws war fails in Virgo - Error instantiating ... MessageDispatcServlet [message #732134 is a reply to message #732130] Tue, 04 October 2011 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dmitry Sklyut is currently offline Dmitry SklyutFriend
In Virgo 3.x you will need to change a setting.

Change $VIRGO_HOME/repository/ext/org.eclipse.virgo.web.properties like following

#WABHeaders=strict
WABHeaders=defaulted

What version of Virgo? What kind of simple war? What kind of errors/exceptions/symptoms are you experiencing?
Re: Deploying Spring Soap ws war fails in Virgo - Error instantiating ... MessageDispatcServlet [message #732135 is a reply to message #732133] Tue, 04 October 2011 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dmitry Sklyut is currently offline Dmitry SklyutFriend
Are you dependencies bundles into WEB-INF/lib? See my prior response on WABHeaders settings.
Re: Deploying Spring Soap ws war fails in Virgo - Error instantiating ... MessageDispatcServlet [message #733461 is a reply to message #732135] Tue, 04 October 2011 19:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am using virgo-tomcat-server-3.0.1.RELEASE. Yes, all of my dependencies are in the WEB-INF/lib. The war is a very simple Spring based Soap Web Services app. It supports Spring ws, Spring Security and uses Maven. Let me try some of your(Dmitry) suggestions.
Re: Deploying Spring Soap ws war fails in Virgo - Error instantiating ... MessageDispatcServlet [message #733467 is a reply to message #733461] Tue, 04 October 2011 19:48 Go to previous message
Dmitry,
the following did the trick:
In Virgo 3.x you will need to change a setting.

Change $VIRGO_HOME/repository/ext/org.eclipse.virgo.web.properties like following

#WABHeaders=strict
WABHeaders=defaulted

Thanks for your quick response and solution. This gets me closer to learning and leveraging Virgo.
Previous Topic:duplicate bundles in virgo 3
Next Topic:how to use snap for design submenus
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:26:29 GMT 2024