Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Not Seeing 'faces config editor'
Not Seeing 'faces config editor' [message #731026] Thu, 29 September 2011 18:03 Go to next message
Michael Hare is currently offline Michael HareFriend
Hi,

New to the community, but not to Eclipse. I've been using PDT for several years and decided it's time to move up to JSPs.
I've installed Tomcat 7.0, JDK 1.6.0_21 and Eclipse Indigo. I also have a few other Eclipse plugins installed like Oxygen XML (I do a lot of XML work), Aptana 2.0 (I like the file transfer component), and Subclipse.

As I said, I'm running Indigo and I've installed all WTP components.

I can develop JSPs and run them in the integrated Eclipse/Tomcat environment (very cool).

I decided a framework like JSF might be a good thing, so I went through a few tutorials. I installed JSF (Apache MyFaces) and JSTL, my project facet includes JSF 2.0.

It's probably not a huge deal, I can edit the XML directly, but the tutorials all assume when editing the faces-config.xml file, a visual editor is in use with tabs and the like.

All I get is the XML file.

My first assumption is something isn't installed correctly and my fear is the reason the tutorials are not working (and none of them have to date) is for this reason.

Any help on what I can look for? Check? Re-install?

Thanks,

- mike

[Updated on: Thu, 29 September 2011 18:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Not Seeing 'faces config editor' [message #731027 is a reply to message #731026] Thu, 29 September 2011 18:08 Go to previous message
Michael Hare is currently offline Michael HareFriend
OK.. never mind.. it was a file-type preference

Embarrassed
Previous Topic:Dependent jars not published to Tomcat
Next Topic:Import WSDL and XSD files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:19:47 GMT 2024