Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » How to connect an instance of AcceptEventAction to an instance of JoinNode by means of object flows(I cannot connect accept event actions to join nodes using object flows)
How to connect an instance of AcceptEventAction to an instance of JoinNode by means of object flows [message #730995] Thu, 29 September 2011 16:43 Go to next message
Tomas Balderas is currently offline Tomas BalderasFriend

Hello everybody

I hope you can help me with my problem when building an activity model.

I need to connect an accept event action to a join node but I get multiple issues:

1. When the instance of AcceptEventAction does not include any result pin and I try to connect it to a join node using an object flow a dialog box appears asking to fill information for pin creation. I specify a type for the pin and nothing happens. Does this box refer to a result pin in the accept event action or a pin in the join node?

2. When I create a result output pin for the accept event action and try to connect such pin to the join node I get error messages indicating that the object flow shall connect nodes with the same upper bound or type.

My accept event action has only one trigger, which is linked to an instance of SignalEvent, which is linked to an instance of Signal. The attribute isUnmarshall in the accept event action is set to false because I want the signal event to be passed to the object flow through the only result pin and reach the join node. The join node is also connected to an opaque action whose output pin has a type called Bit (defined by me).

Why cannot I connect the accept event action to the join node? What type shall the result output pin of the accept event action be to enable connection? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks a lot. I appreciate your help.

/T

/TB
Re: How to connect an instance of AcceptEventAction to an instance of JoinNode by means of object fl [message #731091 is a reply to message #730995] Thu, 29 September 2011 23:09 Go to previous message
Tomas Balderas is currently offline Tomas BalderasFriend

I think I fixed the problem by doing the following:

1. I set the type of the accept event action's result output pin to Bit.

2. Draw an object flow form the accept event action's result output pin to a point within the activity, not to a modeling element. Then, I pressed click and indicated that the new object flow shall be connected to a new join node.

3. Then I added an attribute to the instance of Signal typed as Bit and set isUnmarshall in the instance of AcceptEventAction to true.

This allowed me to build the diagram.

Finally, I had to set the value of joinSpec in The instance of JoinNode to "and" by creating an instance of LiteralString, not sure if this is the correct way to assign the string "and" to joinSpec.

/T

/TB
Previous Topic:ALF
Next Topic:I cannot find the associations 'namespace' and 'ownedMember' in activities and parameter nodes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:08:36 GMT 2024