Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » duplicate bundles in virgo 3
duplicate bundles in virgo 3 [message #730385] Wed, 28 September 2011 09:41 Go to next message
Jose  u is currently offline Jose uFriend
Hi all,
we have been using virgo 2 for some time, more or less it has been ok. We upgraded to virgo 3 last week and since then we have found some issues and we are not sure about the reason.

The effect is that we see that some bundles are deployed two times or duplicated.

We have a plan where we define our bundles and configuration, we leave this plan in the pickup directory, We use the default repository virgo/repository/usr for the artifacts and we have an extra repository for our configuration properties files.

The thing is that we detected in the logs that some bundles are loaded two times. One of them seems to be loaded by a thread that I didn't see before in virgo 2 "Listener Event Queue". The other seems to be loaded for the normal thread fs-watcher

from our logs

[2011/09/28 11:03:01 755] Listener Event Queue c.n.p.r.d.c.osgi.XXXActivator   I- Start Foofoofoo Service Tracker
[2011/09/28 11:03:01 759] fs-watcher           c.n.p.r.d.c.osgi.XXXActivator   I- Start Foofoofoo Service Tracker

And if I open in the web admin and I look at the 2 bundles duplicated I see that one of the bundle is located in the repository and the other in the staging.
Viewing bundle 'com.foo.foo.core: 0.1.0'
Bundle Symbolic name         com.foo.foo.core
Bundle Version         0.1.0
Bundle ID         121
Region         org.eclipse.virgo.region.user
Hosts/Fragments         NA
Spring powered         No
State         Active
Bundle Location         [email]org.eclipse.virgo.region.user@file[/email]:/opt/aaa/virgo/./repository/usr/foo.core-0.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

Viewing bundle 'com.foo.foo.core: 0.1.0'
Bundle Symbolic name         com.foo.foo.core
Bundle Version         0.1.0
Bundle ID         134
Region         org.eclipse.virgo.region.user
Hosts/Fragments         NA
Spring powered         No
State         Active
Bundle Location         [email]org.eclipse.virgo.region.user@file[/email]:/opt/aaa/virgo/work/org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer_3.0.1.RELEASE/staging/global/bundle/com.foo.foo.core/0.1.0

We had similar problems in other application developed by us when we upgraded to virgo 3.

I dont know if someone can throw some ideas. Or at least have some information about the thread "Listener Event Queue".

Thank you very much in advance

[Updated on: Wed, 28 September 2011 12:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: duplicate bundles in virgo 3 [message #730765 is a reply to message #730385] Thu, 29 September 2011 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
One clue may be that the staging directory is used by the Virgo tooling when deploying from Eclipse to the Virgo instance it is managing.
Re: duplicate bundles in virgo 3 [message #730772 is a reply to message #730765] Thu, 29 September 2011 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jose  u is currently offline Jose uFriend
I am not using virgo tooling so It can not be that. But thank you anyway Smile
Re: duplicate bundles in virgo 3 [message #730773 is a reply to message #730772] Thu, 29 September 2011 06:48 Go to previous message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
Oh - my mistake - I misread the path. Can you reproduce the behaviour by starting up Virgo with the -clean option and without the plan in pickup and then copying the plan into pickup?

It is normal for Virgo to copy deployed bundles into its deployer staging area - that's not the cause of the problem.
Previous Topic:Managing Bundle Dependencies
Next Topic:Deploying Spring Soap ws war fails in Virgo - Error instantiating ... MessageDispatcServlet
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 07:08:08 GMT 2024