Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » P2 » Failed to perform Install New Software...(I get a warning message when i do Install New Software action)
Failed to perform Install New Software... [message #729536] Mon, 26 September 2011 12:46 Go to next message
Kiran  is currently offline Kiran Friend
We are using Eclipse 3.6 Platform version with JDK1.6 on WinXP machines.

Issues is regarding eclipse.p2.profile property. When i use eclipse's eclipse.ini for launching eclipse, the action Help -> Install New Software is working fine. Also i noted that the eclipse.p2.profile in Help -> About -> Installation Details -> Configuration tab is set to "PlatformProfile".

When i use the Custom.ini for launching eclipse, i see a problem while execution the same action Help -> Install New Software. It says "Could not locate the running profile instance. The eclipse.p2.data.area and eclipse.p2.profile properties may not be set correctly in this application's config.ini file."

When i tried to debug the problem, i observed that the eclipse.p2.profile property is set to SDKProfile under Help -> About -> Installation Details -> Configuration tab after launching the workbench.

I am assuming that this is causing the problem. Want i would like to understand is that who and why is the property is set to SDKProfile when i am running the Platform version and the corresponding config.ini has the property set as PlatformProfile. Why it is getting reproduced only when i launch with Custom.ini and not reproducible when i launch using eclipse.ini file?

Please help. Attached few files that are of interest to understand the issue.
Re: Failed to perform Install New Software... [message #742233 is a reply to message #729536] Thu, 20 October 2011 09:57 Go to previous message
Kiran  is currently offline Kiran Friend
Please let me know if anybody need any additional details. The issue looks tricky, would like to crack it. Appreciate if anyone can extend their help to provide some insight about the problem.
Previous Topic:Re: Mac snow leopard update site issue
Next Topic:can't update when using headless build
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:06:34 GMT 2024