Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Can I deploy a plan file to a Virgo server from the Servers view?
Can I deploy a plan file to a Virgo server from the Servers view? [message #728056] Thu, 22 September 2011 13:14 Go to next message
Barbara Rosi-Schwartz is currently offline Barbara Rosi-SchwartzFriend
Hi everyone.

I would like to deploy a plan file to my dev Virgo server from the Servers view. When I use the Add/Remove popup menu option, I only see bundle artifacts from my workspace, not plan files.

Is this possible and, if so, how do I do it?

TIA,
B.
Re: Can I deploy a plan file to a Virgo server from the Servers view? [message #734930 is a reply to message #728056] Mon, 10 October 2011 13:06 Go to previous message
Barbara Rosi-Schwartz is currently offline Barbara Rosi-SchwartzFriend
I have not yet found out how to deploy a plan.

However, just in case it helps, I have found an answer to my main motivation do deploy a plan, which was to observe a certain order of deployment so that there are no delays during bundle activation that are due to missing services that are contributed by other bundles.

The solution is to edit the artefact-order.config file that is located inside the Servers node in the Package Explorer and place the various bundles in the required order. I can hardly believe it took me so long to see this file!!! Embarrassed

Please note that this file gets refreshed when adding/removing nodes, so it is advisable to store away a copy of it for easy replacement.

HTH,
B.

[Updated on: Mon, 10 October 2011 13:08]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:How does the Virgo server get started from the Eclipse Servers view?
Next Topic:Just using Virgo as a dm extender (+ web extender)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 16:23:07 GMT 2024