Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » [eugenia][newbie] Where is the rcp application ?
[eugenia][newbie] Where is the rcp application ? [message #727952] Thu, 22 September 2011 09:33 Go to next message
Epo Jemba is currently offline Epo JembaFriend
Hi

I follow Eugenia tutorial to create a diagram editor and it works fine.

Now, I want create a rcp application, I follow what Dimitrios said here "[EuGenia] Standalone RCP application" (cannot past the link)
but I do not know where the rcp application is generated and how I can use it ?

Thank you and sorry if this is obvious ...

Epo
Re: [eugenia][newbie] Where is the rcp application ? [message #728130 is a reply to message #727952] Thu, 22 September 2011 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
giovi disanto is currently offline giovi disantoFriend
hi,
sorry for my English. Once you've created your editor try to do this: right click on gmfmap model and select "generate generator model". in the wizard in final page check "generate rcp application". Delete .diagram project from workspace. Right click on gmfgen model and select "eugenia> syncronize gmf genmodel" and after "generate diagram code". Now select plugin.xml file form .diagram project and click "launch as an eclipse application", should start an eclipse rcp application...
Re: [eugenia][newbie] Where is the rcp application ? [message #728154 is a reply to message #728130] Thu, 22 September 2011 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Giovi,

Thanks you lot, I manage to launch the rcp application.

At the first diagram creation, when it initialized I had a strange exception : java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: can't find ID print

But the second diagram creation worked fine .

I copy the exception in case some can explain it.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2011-09-22 17:47:02.562
!MESSAGE Unable to create editor ID filesystem.diagram.part.FilesystemDiagramEditorID: can't find ID print
!STACK 0
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: can't find ID print
	at org.eclipse.jface.action.ContributionManager.insertBefore(ContributionManager.java:359)
	at org.eclipse.jface.action.SubContributionManager.insertBefore(SubContributionManager.java:176)
	at org.eclipse.jface.action.SubContributionManager.insertBefore(SubContributionManager.java:167)
	at filesystem.diagram.part.FilesystemDiagramActionBarContributor.init(FilesystemDiagramActionBarContributor.java:47)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.createEditorActionBars(EditorManager.java:341)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.createSite(EditorManager.java:820)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPartHelper(EditorReference.java:647)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPart(EditorReference.java:465)
Re: [eugenia][newbie] Where is the rcp application ? [message #728160 is a reply to message #728154] Thu, 22 September 2011 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's a know issue. In this topic www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/663064/ there is a workaround to solve this problem.
Re: [eugenia][newbie] Where is the rcp application ? [message #728431 is a reply to message #728160] Fri, 23 September 2011 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Again , thank you Giovi it helps me a lot.

Now I have a complete DSM editor for my coworkers, I can test deeply.
Re: [eugenia][newbie] Where is the rcp application ? [message #728465 is a reply to message #728431] Fri, 23 September 2011 10:22 Go to previous message
Good Smile
Previous Topic:Java/ANT/Epsilon Problem: failed to create task or type epsilon.loadModel
Next Topic:Eugenia errors ManagerVisualIDRegistry
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:03:57 GMT 2024