Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Problem deploying a plan that contains an already active bundle
Problem deploying a plan that contains an already active bundle [message #727052] Tue, 20 September 2011 10:05 Go to next message
Barbara Rosi-Schwartz is currently offline Barbara Rosi-SchwartzFriend
Hello.

I have a bundle, say bundle A, which is started in my Virgo kernel when I start the kernel up.

Another bundle is responsible for gathering some information from the user and then writing a plan file in the kernel's pickup directory. The plan file references bundle A which is already active.

When Virgo attempts to deploy the plan, it fails with a DeploymentException of this sort:

org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.deployer.core.DeploymentException: InstallArtifact bundle 'A' version '0.0.1.SNAPSHOT' in scope 'null' was installed when bundle 'A' version '0.0.1.SNAPSHOT' in scope 'null' was installed

Why is this happening? What am I getting wrong?

TIA,
B.
Re: Problem deploying a plan that contains an already active bundle [message #727056 is a reply to message #727052] Tue, 20 September 2011 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
Plans may not refer to already deployed artifacts. There is work afoot to relax this restriction, but that's the way it is for now.
Re: Problem deploying a plan that contains an already active bundle [message #727060 is a reply to message #727056] Tue, 20 September 2011 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah so!

Do you know when the change to lift the restrictions will be available, Glyn?

Thanks!
Re: Problem deploying a plan that contains an already active bundle [message #727061 is a reply to message #727060] Tue, 20 September 2011 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
Not sure, but that feature should fall out of the prototyping of the OSGi "subsystems" RFC. The subsystems line item won't make 3.5 though, so we are probably talking about well into next year at the earliest. Note that enhancement bug 357850 has already been raised. I have been considering trying to get some of the underpinnings of subsystems, such as this feature, into master early, but since I have only just dipped my toe into the water, I'm making no promises.
Re: Problem deploying a plan that contains an already active bundle [message #727423 is a reply to message #727061] Wed, 21 September 2011 09:15 Go to previous message
Okay Glyn, thanks for the clarification.
Previous Topic:snaps host not working when deployed from within Eclipse (STS) onto Virgo [SOLVED]
Next Topic:Virgo, Spring & DataNucleus
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 02:14:35 GMT 2024