Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » include path(Zend appears to modify the include path - not sure why?)  () 1 Vote
include path [message #726931] Tue, 20 September 2011 01:30 Go to next message
don  is currently offline don Friend
Hi All:

This problem has been bothering me all day. I can run Eclipse Helios, PHP 5.2, Apache 2.2, on Windows Vista Business fine. It completes the script as expected.

When I run the same working script as debug (using Zend) I receive an error saying cannot find file or directory. When I examined the php.ini file that Zend creates and places in the

"c:\users\name\AppData\Local\Temp\zend_debug
\session2562565019657638438.tmp\php.ini"

I noticed that it has written at the top of the file:

include_path="."
[PHP]

and down within the php.ini file where I have defined the include_path it has been removed! Why would it do this?

I know that it has found the proper php.ini file because I placed a comment before and after the include_path that was unique. Yet when I run phpInfo() some of the values suggest it is not finding the php.ini at all? For instance:

Configuration File (php.ini) Path C:\Windows
(But I know the php.ini file located at "c:\PHP" is the php file that Zend is copying and placing in the User area and I know when I run the script normally that the includes are found which could only happen if the include_path defined in MY php.ini file was being found and used.) There is no php.ini file in "c:\Windows" and when as an experiment I placed the same one as in "c:\PHP" I get the same results!

Other phpInfo() values:

Loaded Configuration File
C:\Users\PAE\AppData\Local\Temp\zend_debug\session2562565019657638438.tmp\php.ini

include_path . .

PHPRC
C:\Users\PAE\AppData\Local\Temp\zend_debug\session2562565019657638438.tmp

Does anyone know why this is happening? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Don
Re: include path [message #727059 is a reply to message #726931] Tue, 20 September 2011 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel  is currently offline Axel Friend
Hi,

this is some kind of feature. You'll have to define the include paths for your project (Right Click on your Project -> Include Path -> Configure Include Path), they'll then be added to the include path of your debug session.
Re: include path [message #727224 is a reply to message #727059] Tue, 20 September 2011 16:34 Go to previous message
don  is currently offline don Friend
Hi Axel, fantastic thanks for the help.

I should have looked for that - I'm used to depending on config files to make all the settings.

For anyone else out there that wants to use a folder that is not within the Eclipse Workspace or Project directory structure you have to go to the Libraries tab rather than the Source tab (which is restricted to the current project directory structure) to add what they call an 'External Source Folder'.

Nice! Once I added that external folder, that is the same as the include_path in the php.ini, my script executed just as it did when run in the standard mode and the debugger stepped through the code as expected. VERY NICE.

Much thanks.

Don
Previous Topic:javacup PHP grammar
Next Topic:PHPDoc PDT eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:18:04 GMT 2024