Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Action in Form is printing the file name rather than invoking the action's php file?
Action in Form is printing the file name rather than invoking the action's php file? [message #726812] Mon, 19 September 2011 15:45 Go to next message
nackasha is currently offline nackashaFriend
I am very new to php programming and particularly in eclipse. I am having this problem that wasn't happening before.

My file is called index.php, I have only one file called, which is index.php, and I have this very simple code in it. Basically my code just call itself:

<head></head>
<body class="twoColLiqLtHdr">
<form id="form1" name="form1" method="post" action='index.php'>
<label>
<input name="textfield" type="text" id="textfield" />
</label>
<label>
<input type="submit" name="submitcontent" id="submitcontent" value="extract files" />
</label>
</form>
</body> 

When I run the code and click the submit button, instead of reloading index.php as I have put in the action request, the output is a white page with a string "index.php". I spent several hours trying to find the error with no hope.

Can you please advice what is my mistake,

In eclipse I use debug as PHP script. Does it matter ?

What is keeping me wondering is if I run this code in dreamweaver, it works perfectly i.e. reloading the index.php as it is suppose to do.

Many thanks

Thank you
Re: Action in Form is printing the file name rather than invoking the action's php file? [message #745402 is a reply to message #726812] Sat, 22 October 2011 20:09 Go to previous message
cluesome Missing name is currently offline cluesome Missing nameFriend
Try Run->Debug As->PHP Web Page ????
Previous Topic:Eclipse PDT Zend Debugger not working with Mac OSX Lion
Next Topic:XDebug Remote Debugging with source on remote server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:16:31 GMT 2024