Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Can't see other jobs in progress dialog
Can't see other jobs in progress dialog [message #726772] Mon, 19 September 2011 14:14 Go to next message
Jan Krakora is currently offline Jan KrakoraFriend
Hello,

I have a long running operation so I run it this way:
PlatformUI.getWorkbench().getProgressService().busyCursorWhile(new IRunnableWithProgress() {

public void run(IProgressMonitor monitor) throws InvocationTargetException, InterruptedException {
	monitor.done();
    }
});

Now I have 2 questions:
1) Why can't I see other running jobs in "Details" in the opened Progress dialog?
(I know there are some of them, because I can see them in the bottom right in progress area)

2) How to run another job in the code above? My target is to show to the user progress dialog with let's say 3 other running tasks.
Re: Can't see other jobs in progress dialog [message #726798 is a reply to message #726772] Mon, 19 September 2011 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeeeyul Lee is currently offline Jeeeyul LeeFriend

you should need this
http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-Concurrency/jobs-api.html
Re: Can't see other jobs in progress dialog [message #726829 is a reply to message #726798] Mon, 19 September 2011 16:17 Go to previous message
Jan Krakora is currently offline Jan KrakoraFriend
Well, I know Jobs API, but it's not the answer for neither of my questions, I think.
In fact, I run some jobs and I'm asking why I can't see them in progress service progress dialog and how to achieve this.
Previous Topic:ActiveMenuSelection and keybindings question/problem
Next Topic:How can I update property file in other plug-in?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:25:10 GMT 2024