Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [JS4EMF] Embedding JS4EMF(Using JS4EMF from Java using "standard" Rhino coding)
[JS4EMF] Embedding JS4EMF [message #726694] Mon, 19 September 2011 09:45
Olivier Parisy is currently offline Olivier ParisyFriend
Hi,

As I understand its current implementation, the main design goal of JS4EMF seems to be "internal" scripting, i.e. the expression of EMF operations and constraints using JavaScript.

This message: www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/213403/683953/#msg_683953 also states that "JS4EMF supports using Javascript for manipulating Ecore objects in general, e.g. for ad-hoc queries, editing, transformations etc." but I have seen little evidence of this (if one excepts the "EMF Javascript Scrapbook").

From a programmatic point of view, it seems like the underlying Rhino implementation is rather tightly encapsulated. As an example, the setApplicationClassLoader or getScope methods of JavascriptSupportImpl (which is internal) are not available in its JavascriptSupport interface.

So my question is: how can I benefit from JS4EMF expressiveness while keeping a "typical" Rhino coding framework, such as the RunScript (mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla/source/js/rhino/examples/RunScript.java) examples from the Rhino tutorial?

Sorry for the badly formatted URLs, I am not allowed to use the "url" tag for now.

Regards.
Previous Topic:[EEF] use custom editor
Next Topic:MWE and ATL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:07:48 GMT 2024