Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Sapphire » Adjusting Widths of Property Editors
Adjusting Widths of Property Editors [message #726557] Sun, 18 September 2011 16:29 Go to next message
Kamesh Sampath is currently offline Kamesh SampathFriend
Is it possible to adjust the width of the property editors ? i see some presntation hints like column.widths, width etc., but not sure that will be used for my scenario

my scenario is that I have defined a Group under which I have two List Property editors, I want to place them in adjacent columns by adjusting their widths or column widths not sure which to use Sad , by default the property editors grabs the horizontal

Any thoughts on this will be great

~Kamesh
Re: Adjusting Widths of Property Editors [message #726559 is a reply to message #726557] Sun, 18 September 2011 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin KomissarchikFriend
To place multiple property editors adjacent to each other, use related content feature. You will find it under the property editor node in the sdef editor. When defining related content, you will get to specify a percentage of the overall property editor width to allocate to related content. There are examples of this in the gallery sample (under Related Content node).

- Konstantin
Re: Adjusting Widths of Property Editors [message #726563 is a reply to message #726559] Sun, 18 September 2011 17:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am able to place one text property editor and list property editor as related content but when I try to make to List property editors as related content one is getting disappeared ? Can I not make two list property editors adjacent to each other using related content ?
Re: Adjusting Widths of Property Editors [message #726564 is a reply to message #726563] Sun, 18 September 2011 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The related content is limited by the height of the main property editor. You will need to use the height hint on the main property editor to increase its height and allow for more related content.

- Konstantin
Re: Adjusting Widths of Property Editors [message #726567 is a reply to message #726564] Sun, 18 September 2011 17:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lets say i have structure like this
Prop1 (Normal Property), List Prop1 and List Prop2 , all these properties are added in a Group/Section
Now I make
Pro1.relative=50 and then add ListProp1 as its related content then
I make
ListProp1.relative=50 and then add ListProp2 as its related content

Ideally this not working and am not sure this is the right way, all I am trying to do is make a rendering like

Prop1 - List Prop1 - List Prop2

Please correct me were I am going wrong.

~Kamesh
Re: Adjusting Widths of Property Editors [message #726575 is a reply to message #726567] Sun, 18 September 2011 18:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Could you go into more detail regarding what is not working? Take a look at the gallery sample. It shows how to do multi-way related content.

- Konstantin
Re: Adjusting Widths of Property Editors [message #726642 is a reply to message #726575] Mon, 19 September 2011 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually i tried to follow the Gallery sample, i was able to do it for three text-fields, but for the text-field and list-property or two list properties am having issues like this.

I have a Element called as Supports, which has the following child elements

Supports
-- Mime Type (text box)
-- Portlet Modes (list property)
-- Window States (list property)

Now i am trying to fit all the there children of the Supports (MimeType,PortletModes, WindowStates) as related children so that they all appear in the same row adjacent to each other. Here is the code snippet that defines this structure,
<group>
 <label>Supports</label>
  <content>
     <with>
	<path>Supports</path>
	<default-panel>
		<content>
		<property-editor>
		<property>MimeType</property>
			<related-content-width>80</related-content-width>
			    <related-content>
				<property-editor>
				    <property>PortletModes</property>
				    <related-content-width>50</related-content-width>
				    <related-content>
					<property-editor>WindowStates</property-editor>
				    </related-content>
				</property-editor>
			   </related-content>
		</property-editor>
		</content>
	</default-panel>
    </with>
</content>
</group>

When the editor is run i see only Mime Type and PortletModes, the Windows is hidden..

~Kamesh

[Updated on: Mon, 19 September 2011 06:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Adjusting Widths of Property Editors [message #726811 is a reply to message #726642] Mon, 19 September 2011 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not sure what might be the problem based on this. Could you try to create a stand-alone repro? If you manage to create a repro that shows the problem, then go ahead an open a bug.

- Konstantin
Re: Adjusting Widths of Property Editors [message #727127 is a reply to message #726811] Tue, 20 September 2011 13:22 Go to previous message
Sure will try to do it and keep you posted on the same
Previous Topic:Sapphire Events
Next Topic:Adding Image
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:01:26 GMT 2024