Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Platform - User Assistance (UA) » Old welcome.page is displayed when using ActionFactory.INTRO.create(window)
Old welcome.page is displayed when using ActionFactory.INTRO.create(window) [message #726174] Fri, 16 September 2011 17:54 Go to next message
Lubos Pochman is currently offline Lubos PochmanFriend
Hi, I am using (like Eclipse IDE) ActionFactory.INTRO.create(window) to create Help/Welcome menu item.

I also have extension point org.eclipse.ui.intro with introProductBinding.

The correct new Intro page is displayed the first time the product RCP is running.
But when I select Help/Welcome menu item, it tries to display old welcome.xml page.

Initially this action displayed "empty" Welcome editor, so I stepped trough the action execution and it used AboutInfo.ProductProperties.welcomePageUrl, that is populated from product property welcomePage. So I created (old) welcome.xml in product that displays the old welcome.page.

My question is why is action ActionFactory.INTRO trying to display old/deprecated welcome.xml page instead the new universal Intro page (the one displayed on first RCP startup).
Re: Old welcome.page is displayed when using ActionFactory.INTRO.create(window) [message #727304 is a reply to message #726174] Tue, 20 September 2011 21:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Goldthorpe is currently offline Chris GoldthorpeFriend
I think you want to bind the command "org.eclipse.ui.help.quickStartAction" to the Welcome menu item, rather than using ActionFactory.INTRO.
Re: Old welcome.page is displayed when using ActionFactory.INTRO.create(window) [message #753366 is a reply to message #727304] Wed, 26 October 2011 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lubos Pochman is currently offline Lubos PochmanFriend
Not sure how to bind command "org.eclipse.ui.help.quickStartAction". Tried in ApplicationActionBarAdvisor.makeActions():

introAction = ActionFactory.INTRO.create(window);
introAction.setActionDefinitionId("org.eclipse.ui.help.quickStartAction");
register(introAction);

but that doesn't work.

Strange thing is that org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.WorkbenchActionBuilder in Eclipse 3.7 uses ActionFactory.INTRO.create(window); call?
Re: Old welcome.page is displayed when using ActionFactory.INTRO.create(window) [message #787177 is a reply to message #726174] Tue, 31 January 2012 08:46 Go to previous message
Vignesh G is currently offline Vignesh GFriend
Looks like this is a bug in 3.7.1

The welcomeEditor is prioritized over Intropage. I have reported the bug.
Please check the bug 370119 in Eclipse Bugzilla for further info.

Hope this helps.
Previous Topic:Implementing org.eclipse.ui.cheatsheets.cheatSheetItemExtension
Next Topic:How can I provide variables for property tests to create dynamic help content
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:58:29 GMT 2024