Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » Create p2 site that shows all bundles
Create p2 site that shows all bundles [message #726003] Fri, 16 September 2011 11:46 Go to next message
js Missing name is currently offline js Missing nameFriend
I need to create a p2 site that shows all bundles as installable units (ui), like the eclipse orbit sites:

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/viewvc.cgi/org.eclipse.orbit/org.eclipse.orbit.releng/maps/category.xml?root=Tools_Project&view=co&content-type=text/plain

I have put a category.xml with the below content file next to my buck.properties and feature.xml file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<site>
   <category-def name="all" label="All Bundles"/>
   <iu>
      <category name="all"/>
      <query><expression type="match">providedCapabilities.exists(p | p.namespace == 'osgi.bundle')</expression></query>
   </iu>

</site>

But when I run the site.p2 action I get:

publishing result
E Error parsing site stream. Unknown element "iu" in parsing state "Category Def". Check the validity of the XML file.
E Error parsing site stream. Unknown element "category" in parsing state "Category Def". Check the validity of the XML file.
E Error parsing site stream. Unknown element "query" in parsing state "Category Def". Check the validity of the XML file.
E Error parsing site stream. Unknown element "expression" in parsing state "Category Def". Check the validity of the XML file.

This is my bucky.properties file:

buckminster.output.root=C:/bucky/de/site
buckminster.temp.root=C:/bucky/de/tmp
qualifier.replacement.*=generator:lastRevision
target.os=*
target.ws=*
target.arch=*

[Updated on: Fri, 16 September 2011 11:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Create p2 site that shows all bundles [message #726020 is a reply to message #726003] Fri, 16 September 2011 12:37 Go to previous message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas HallgrenFriend
Please enter a bugzilla for this. It looks like the <iu>...</iu> syntax hasn't been added to the parser that we're using.

Thanks,
Thomas Hallgren

On 2011-09-16 13:46, js wrote:
> I need to create a p2 site that shows all bundles as installable units (ui), like the eclipse orbit sites:
>
> http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/viewvc.cgi/org.eclipse.orbit/org.eclipse.orbit.releng/maps/category.xml?root=Tools_Project&view=co&content-type=text/plain
>
>
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <site>
> <category-def name="all" label="All Bundles"/>
> <iu>
> <category name="all"/>
> <query><expression type="match">providedCapabilities.exists(p | p.namespace == 'osgi.bundle')</expression></query>
> </iu>
>
> </site>
>
>
>
> But when I run the site.p2 action I get:
>
>
> publishing result
> E Error parsing site stream. Unknown element "iu" in parsing state "Category Def". Check the validity of the XML file.
> E Error parsing site stream. Unknown element "category" in parsing state "Category Def". Check the validity of the XML
> file.
> E Error parsing site stream. Unknown element "query" in parsing state "Category Def". Check the validity of the XML file.
> E Error parsing site stream. Unknown element "expression" in parsing state "Category Def". Check the validity of the XML
> file.
>
>
>
> This is my bucky.properties file:
>
>
> buckminster.output.root=C:/bucky/de/site
> buckminster.temp.root=C:/bucky/de/tmp
> qualifier.replacement.*=generator:lastRevision
> target.os=*
> target.ws=*