Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Eclipse CDT doesn't find standard library
Eclipse CDT doesn't find standard library [message #725936] Fri, 16 September 2011 08:30 Go to next message
Barthelemy  is currently offline Barthelemy Friend
I have updated from CDT 7 to 8 and now my code is cluttered with Errors about standard libraries.

The path /usr/include/c++/4.5 is in the include path but it doesn't seem to help. I have deleted the project and recreated it without success.

It is a CMake project and just call make when compiling. Therefore this works seamlessly.

I guess CODAN is to blame but I don't see how to fix it.

Can you help me?

Thanks
Barth
icon5.gif  Re: Eclipse CDT doesn't find standard library [message #726265 is a reply to message #725936] Sat, 17 September 2011 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wahmei is currently offline wahmeiFriend
Just wondering if you've solved your issue-

I think I'm having the same problem, but I'm too much of a newbie to really know for sure...

I tried to run the basic 'HelloWorld' program & received several errors before attempting to modify or run it. I'm pretty sure the syntax is correct, but I have warnings & errors all over the place!

Anyway, it isn't recognizing '#include <iostream>' or 'using namespace std;'... It also isn't recognizing 'cout' or 'cin'.

Any understanding & help is MUCH appreciated!
Re: Eclipse CDT doesn't find standard library [message #726995 is a reply to message #726265] Tue, 20 September 2011 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gleb Igumnov is currently offline Gleb IgumnovFriend
I have similar problem:
includes and namespace std are treated normally, but all std members (for example std::vector) are marked as unresolved. MinGW still compile this code successful, but it is very annoying.

[Updated on: Tue, 20 September 2011 06:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse CDT doesn't find standard library [message #727000 is a reply to message #725936] Tue, 20 September 2011 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom  is currently offline Tom Friend
I am having the same problem too.
Re: Eclipse CDT doesn't find standard library [message #727164 is a reply to message #726265] Tue, 20 September 2011 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

@wahmei
No, I didn't get it to work properly yet.

The "include" and "using" statements are fine, but all the use of them are marked as error.

Hope someone can come with an idea.

Cheers,
Barth

[Updated on: Tue, 20 September 2011 14:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse CDT doesn't find standard library [message #729418 is a reply to message #727164] Mon, 26 September 2011 06:59 Go to previous message
Hi everybody,

I think that I have solved my problem. I recreated the project once more, but this time I indicated a Toolchain for my "Makefile Project" : "Linux GCC" instead of "Other toolchain".

Try this and let us know if it works for you as well.

Cheers,
Barth
Previous Topic:Unable to suspend (interrupt) debugged program
Next Topic:Managing a C / C++ mixed project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:41:41 GMT 2024