Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » WTP [JSF2] webapp + Ajax features - plugin/suggestions?(Understand how and if i can merge ATF or GWT with WTP)
WTP [JSF2] webapp + Ajax features - plugin/suggestions? [message #725204] Wed, 14 September 2011 08:46
Claudio  is currently offline Claudio Friend
Hi all,

I am developing a JSF2 based webapp (Tomcat6-7+Myfaces+Glassfish JSLT) in Eclipse. Creating a Dyn Web Project and using WTP gives me the ability to determine pages flow, and easily configure faces-config.xml.

Apart from the "sever side" I need pages to be async and attractive, so I need AJAX for many reasons. I tried both RAP and Google Web Toolkit, RAP is a bit too much for me, GWT is very close to what i need.

In AJAX develop, I do not want to manage the XMLHttpReq on my own, and I do want a maintainable code, so I don't need all the features of a complex framework...

Is there a way to have features of 2 plugins (ie. GWT and WTP or RAP and WTP) in the very same project? If I create a new project, I have to choose between RAP/GWT/Dynamic Web Project(WTP) and one perspective does not give me the funcionalities of the other one...!

Did any of you face the same problem? Did you find a workaround (for example 2 project with functional dependencies, but It is easy/possible to debug?)

If there is no workarouds, can you suggest how to manage AJAX in a Dynamic Web Project - JSF2.0 without doing too much mess and without making it unmanageable and unreadable?

Thank everyone in advance Smile
Previous Topic:Jax-WS creation and editing workflow
Next Topic:[353775] Allowing Java content in Static Web projects
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:36:57 GMT 2024